Photos: Colorado Snowboarding trip

When asked to come to CO for the award ceremony for the Powdershots Photo Contest, I told them I couldn't take off work. I immediately called SnowDude to tell him they called. He said "Let's go!". He's been working so much, I was surprised he wanted to go. Them my boss called and asked if I found a phone number he had asked for. Oops! Got sidetracked with the phone calls, and told him. He told me to "Go for it!" I told him it was on Friday, and he said to "GO!". What a great boss!! I got someone to cover for me Fri and Mon. I made some calls to Mammoth and found someone coming our way to bring our snowboarding gear from our condo. We made travel arrangements, and had a wonderful 4 days in CO!!!

PHOTOS: http://community.webshots.com/album/133836199KrLaUx

Day 1: Flew to Denver, Christy Sports at 7pm for the Powdershots Photo Contest award ceremony. I won! Drove to Dillon and checked into the Ptarmigan Inn.

Day 2: Storming on the slopes. Rode Loveland Ski Area and later had dinner and drinks at the Dam Brewery again. Dinner at Bubba Gumps in Breckenridge.

PHOTOS: http://community.webshots.com/album/134494837TKUAgq

Day 3: Rode A-Basin and a mini-Backpacker.com-gathering for dinner at the Dam Brewery.

Day 4: Rode A-Basin again, hiked to the North Pole and rode down, then flew home.

Congrats again...

Tons of pictures. Maybe next year's winner is among them?
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Awesome Snow Nymph!

Congratulations for winning, and total score with the camera and new board!! It looks like the weekend getaway, was an absolute success, lots of fun all around, keep up the great picutres!

Oh, and BTW, you are a total babe! How old did you say you were?! (cause I can't believe it) ;)
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by CanariaChick
    Congratulations for winning, and total score with the camera and new board!! It looks like the weekend getaway, was an absolute success, lots of fun all around, keep up the great picutres!

Oh, and BTW, you are a total babe! How old did you say you were?! (cause I can't believe it) ;)
    Yes, congrats again, SN!

And yes indeedy, Canaria, SnowNymph is a lovely woman, in personhood as well as looks. She could be a Pantene hair model...she has that Rapunzel thing going ON. (Her husband has super-long hair, too!)

tres cool

congrats! how bout posting that winning pic here?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanks!

what I brought home: http://community.webshots.com/photo/...33843428AOoGdN

winning photo: http://community.webshots.com/photo/...32012812wNHiWg

Thanks CanariaChick,
    I'm 47 going on 20. All I wanna do is backpack and snowboard!

Got another winning photo, that's going on a book cover. Should be out next week, I think.

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Very nice!

Looks like you had a great time. Glad mother nature cooperated and dropped some freshies for you in what was an off year (although kinda not off compared to the last six years ;)) in CO.

T