Sigh. I'm so bored...

...with my music CDs. And I suspect my downstairs neighbor is, too.

So, who's interested in a fresh CD swap? I'd be happy to be the "hub" again this year.

(For those new to the forum, every once in a while, some of us put together compilations of music, burn 'em to CDs, and distribute them amongst ourselves via a central distribution person, aka the "hub"...)

Tantrum is not allowed to wuss out this year. Nor is Dr. Bunda. Or T-Bone.

No can-do...

I've just discovered some old-new tunes from the 80s and I can't stand the thought of Canuck snickering when he pops my disc in the player.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Music to the People!!

Girl, you and I must be wearing our aluminium foil caps simultaneously, because our telepathy is working wonders! For the last couple of weeks I've been thinking about proposing a new and improved CD swap, because I really, REALLY, want some cool new music for my trip this summer, but seeing how I could not offer to be the HUB, I am thrilled, THRILLED, to hear your offer.

My only requirement is a bit of a time constraint, could we request that peeps deliver to you by a deadline of May 31? That way, there are still a couple of weeks for delivery before take off...

And Tantrum, haven't you heard? The 80s are back with a vengeance! at this rate, your cd will be the hippest out there...
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Awww, don't be scared...

I plan to break canuck's spirit with my All-Bryan Adams, All the Time Cd compilation. (Bryan Adams was circa the 80's, right?)

And Canaria, yeah, I'm good with the May 31 deadline. Your pending trip to the Canaries actually got me to thinking about cranking out some CDs before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum
    I've just discovered some old-new tunes from the 80s and I can't stand the thought of Canuck snickering when he pops my disc in the player.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Strange, yesterday I was thinking the same thing. May 31 works for me.
    Might only be an EP though.

me too (bored)

i have limited exposure to new music (other than top of the pops - bleah!) over here. radio absolutely sucks here. and MTVe couldn't be worse. everytime i turn it on i hear a) britney spears "toxic" b) black eyed peas "shut up" or c) outkast "hey ya". but then again i can watch the osbournes without any censor bleeps. heh.

how about trading mp3 CDs this year instead of audio CDs? you get way more bang for the buck that way. i can get about 15 ENTIRE ALBUMS on once CD. and if i pick and choose individual songs, we're talking about well over 200. it just doesn't make any sense to trade in audio CDs anymore.

btw, the summer music festivals are releasing their programms now. david bowie! peter gabriel! santana! john mclaughlin! korn! DEEP PURPLE! (at montreux no less!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

you got it.

was also thinking it's time for another summer mix. got a song or two up my sleeve.

may 31st works for me!

-mht

Thumbs up Cool, we are in!

I'm starting to line down the song track... may wanna send an e-mail to all the participants from former editions, see if they are in?
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

where's my boobookitty?! evilninja's Avatar

mmmmm...cdswap

I am in...the burner has been working so....yeah...I even have half a "set list" worked out...so no time constraints.

Chapell

I'm in!

It's a small world afterall (in 12 languages) should do the trick no?

Will you hand deliver my discs this year?

wink

PS> Everyone should live in California, the weather is so nice...wait a sec, they do don't they?!

Neomaxi Zoomdweebie Reverend SC's Avatar
    I've been looking forward to this ever since I started cutting songs from the last one. I'm in and May 31 is fine....
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

what are you kidding??? Bryan and Celine are two big reasons why I'm glad to be a Canadian! I get misty just thinking about them.

Neomaxi Zoomdweebie Reverend SC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    what are you kidding??? Bryan and Celine are two big reasons why I'm glad to be a Canadian! I get misty just thinking about them.

Not to mention Geddy Lee. Maybe I'll throw a little "Working Man" on mine, just for you. Or I can get lazy and put "2112" on it, in it's entirity.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

OOOooh Rush!!

I'm all ashivery up here!!