So a couple months ago, a new 80's radio station came on the air in the Sacramento area. I put it on #1 pre-set and listened all the time. I was in heaven, all 80's all the time. I wondered why people said the music of that decade sucked, it was great!

Two months later, I've had a revelation - it did suck. It's just bad music. It was nice hearing it again, for nostalgia's sake I guess. But as time goes on, you discover a couple things. 1) there wasn't that many good songs, I hear the same ones over and over, proving that out of 10 years of music, there were only a couple hundred decent songs, and 2) they were decent then because there WAS a musical void, it was the best that was available, that doesn't mean it was good. Most of it was just poor. Very poor.

So WTF happened? The 60's were awesone, the 70's were good if you stayed away from disco and stuck with Bad Company and Led Zeppelin, and the 90's was an explosion of genre's, you could find all sorts of stuff that pleased you. But the 80's just sucked as far a quality of the music. Terrible in retrospect. It's like we were oblivious to what made good music. Blissfully ignorant. I guess that's one redeeming factor, and why it's still fun to listen to....