Thread: Hot scraping

Neomaxi Zoomdweebie Reverend SC's Avatar

Hot scraping

I usually clean my bases with base cleaner and it works fine. But it appears the grime is getting pretty deep into the base, the cleaner isn't getting it out. I guess hot scraping is the way to get it out now, but I have some questions....

By "hot", does that mean still liquid. Like, make a pass with the iron then immediately scrape? Or does it just mean you don't wait 30 minutes after coating it, just scrape when you finish applying it.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend SC
    I usually clean my bases with base cleaner and it works fine. But it appears the grime is getting pretty deep into the base, the cleaner isn't getting it out. I guess hot scraping is the way to get it out now, but I have some questions....

By "hot", does that mean still liquid. Like, make a pass with the iron then immediately scrape? Or does it just mean you don't wait 30 minutes after coating it, just scrape when you finish applying it.
    It means that you scrape immediately after waxing the base, although I'd love to see some vid of you trying to scrape it before it turns to a solid!
    MARK