Anyone heard of the new Agency binding company? Or Switch strap bindings?

I bought some Switch Type C strap bindings on Ebay a month ago for $55 including shipping. They have a lot of features and adjustibility that I like. The quality seems excellent. The baseplate is a very stiff composite and the heelcup is aluminum so the feel about as stiff as metal bindings. So far I have about 10+ days on them and really like them. Does anyone else have experience with these bindings or the new Vans/Switch owned Agency brand? From what I have heard Vans created Agency.

Neomaxi Zoomdweebie Reverend SC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Darius
    I bought some Switch Type C strap bindings on Ebay a month ago for $55 including shipping. They have a lot of features and adjustibility that I like. The quality seems excellent. The baseplate is a very stiff composite and the heelcup is aluminum so the feel about as stiff as metal bindings. So far I have about 10+ days on them and really like them. Does anyone else have experience with these bindings or the new Vans/Switch owned Agency brand? From what I have heard Vans created Agency.
    My local shop guy wants me to demo some Agency bindings this weekend. I'm picking them up today and riding Saturday, sans wife, so I will put them through the ringer. I'll update on Monday.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

OK, I rode a set of Agency Tro It bindings on Saturday, I was not heavily impressed. I mean, they're nice bindings like Drakes are nice bindings. The slightly forgiving baseplate made for a ride that, to me, felt "mushy". I felt like I was working too hard to get response to the board. This is exactly the reason I dropped Drake and went to Ride in the first place. But I'm a bomber, a freerider. If I were a park guy, I might feel completely different. But I like total control, every movement I make must get transferred straight to the board, and I didn't feel like the Agency binding was doing that.

Interestingly, the highback is actually lower than a Ride. I doesn't look like it to the naked eye, but they come up lower on my boot when it's in the binding than my Ride SPi's.

So, if you're a park rider, these may be killer. But for just bombing down the hill, I'd want something a little stiffer in the baseplate.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks for the review.

I don't know how similiar the Agency bindings are to the Switch ones I have but I have enjoyed the bindings. I do mostly freeriding as well but have had a hard time being comfortable in metal baseplate bindings. The switch bindings feel very nice and I appriciate that they are stiffer than my old Salomon S4's and my current Burton Missions. I'd really like to try a pair of Rides current bindings though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Darius
    I don't know how similiar the Agency bindings are to the Switch ones I have but I have enjoyed the bindings. I do mostly freeriding as well but have had a hard time being comfortable in metal baseplate bindings. The switch bindings feel very nice and I appriciate that they are stiffer than my old Salomon S4's and my current Burton Missions. I'd really like to try a pair of Rides current bindings though.
    The advantage the Agency's willl have over Salomon and Burton is an adjustable heel loop. But if you're average like me, you use the default setting anyway.

I don't know if you read my post in Passion about over-the-cap bindings, but I've started using my Rides with the toe strap out over the tip of the toe, like the Burton Greeds and the T9 MFM's. I love it, so comfy, total control, good feel. Well, the Agency bindings don't let you do that, you can't angle the toe strap that far forward. It's not really a knock in the bindings because I'm doing something unconventional with my Rides, but for me it would be a consideration.

BTW, the Agency's are also heavier than my Rides....

04/05 Agency Bindings

I did a little R & D for Agency this year, and i have to admit they are sweet.

This year i rode the implant ( i believe thats what they are called, they are their super lightweight ones) and i used next years tro'it straps. It was amazing. The 04/05 troit straps are the most comfortable straps i have every tried on.

In my opinion best bindings out for next year are

04/05 Agency Tro its ( alittle heavy, but really comfy), 04/05 Burton P1 Carbon (super stiff lightweight and comfy), Burton C40 (super stiff, super super lightweight and comfy)

Tech Nine makes nice bindings they are known to break though. They have a good warrenty so if you don't mind them braking they always send you new ones.

i hate drake because of their horrible quality, ride because they are made from stamp metal with has inferior properties at cold temperatures ( so stiff they fracture).

Mostly though it matters what fits your boot. You can always change straps on a bindings so first make sure your boot fits in snug in the bindings and there isn't a gap between your heel of your boot and the heel cup, then worry about comfy straps.

Binding stiffness is a personal preference, so learn what you like

I'm trying to decide between:

05-06 Agency Tro'It $199
    05-06 Ride Flight Tomcat $239-$249
    05-06 Technine MFM Pro $169 shipped

I already bought some 05-06 Burton Mission's but I'm going to return them because they aren't getting that good of a review on several sites.

Quote Originally Posted by deepakhj
    I'm trying to decide between:

05-06 Agency Tro'It $199
    05-06 Ride Flight Tomcat $239-$249
    05-06 Technine MFM Pro $169 shipped

I already bought some 05-06 Burton Mission's but I'm going to return them because they aren't getting that good of a review on several sites.
    I don't think there are any glaring defects with the 06 Missions. It depends on what kind of riding you are doing. The other bindings you listed are generally stiffer than the Missions, especially the Rides, is a stiffer binding what you want? Will it suit your riding style better than a more forgiving binding? I prefer a stiffer binding for my freeride board (a Ride Spi) and a more forgiving plastic/composite binding for my freestyle board (an Option Team). Before returning the binding make sure that its because it won't suit your riding style.

Discount Bindings

Check out this crazy shop with all sorts of deals on snowboard gear!
    Dog Funk