Hybrid View

Neomaxi Zoomdweebie Reverend SC's Avatar

Opinions - Arbor Crossbow vs Ride Timeless

Still searching for the ulitmate fast freeride board. This week, I've actually narrowed the field to these two. Anyone have any input on either board?
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

you've ruled out Libtech and Gnu?

howcome?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    you've ruled out Libtech and Gnu?

howcome?
    I know, I'm such a Mervin-head. Here's the dealio, I want a long board, 164+. Gnu doesn't have any. Lib's offerings of that length get too wide, close to 26 and over. That wont work for me. The Timless (164 or 168) is 25.5. The Arbor is 25.1 (which is the same as my Lib everyday board). The closest one is the Lib Dark 164, but it's a true twin freestyle board.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

legend
    Once you ride Timeless you never go back!!!! end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by frog
    Once you ride Timeless you never go back!!!! end of story.
    It's funny, after you posted this, I was going to say something like "Yeah, I read that in the catalog too".

I got to demo a Timeless 159 this weekend. Now I'm glad I didn't post that. I'm buying one this week. Absolutely amazing board. The thing wants to go down the hill. I rode faster than I've ever rode, with more stability than I've ever had. After 4 runs, starting with sloppy first tracks in the morning wet, ending with a fairly cruddy run down a well-tracked blue run, it was fantastic.

I called my wife, she asked "So how does it do going across the hill in crud at speed, does it bump you around, can you hold an edge". It was then I realized, even in the choppy wet crud, that I hadn't had to go across the hill, the board wanted to go straight down. I bent to it's will...

Later, I forced myself to cut side to side on some steeper choppy runs, and it did fine. But it was very sad, it really wanted to bomb things. I felt sorry for it and obliged, going full speed the rest of the day.

I thought to myself, "Great, I can just retire my other two boards and just use this one". Then I remembered I didn't own it yet. I'll have it in the next couple weeks, the shop still has a brand new one, for $315. I'm triying to decide what to skip payment on, IRS, home owners insurance or property taxes, lol...

The crossbow is a noodle compared to the timeless... I own a preproduction 162 crossbow that my fiance' rides as here everyday board. Has a ton of camber, but not much stiffness. Great freeride board for lighter riders, but that's about it.. Fun board, lightweight, but it's flex will let you down...

I'm still a fan of the Timeless myself..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    The crossbow is a noodle compared to the timeless... I own a preproduction 162 crossbow that my fiance' rides as here everyday board. Has a ton of camber, but not much stiffness. Great freeride board for lighter riders, but that's about it.. Fun board, lightweight, but it's flex will let you down...

I'm still a fan of the Timeless myself..
    Floppy? That's no good. Thanks, Greg....

So now it's down to the Timeless and, er, hummm, this is a short list now.....

so, um, just how many snowboards do you own???

I plead the 5th on grounds that any testimony I give on this subject can only incriminate myself...

Got a few though.. Almost enough... ;)
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

04/05 arbor crossbow

I think the arbor crossbow is sweet. I rode the 04/05 Arbor crossbow 154 a couple weekends ago in mammoth and it was amazing. It was super stiff because of the diamond wood placed along the edges and an all together fun board.

I have ridden probably close to 20 boards and curretnly have a quiver of about 8 of them ranging from Academy, Arbor, Lib Tech, Burton, Nitro, Atlantis. YOu will really enjoy the 04/05 Arbor Crossbow if you end up buying it. Plus its cheap don't forget that, its under $400 retail, a steal for a board of this quality manufactured in california, USA.

Another board to look at is a Lib Tech dark series i rode a 03/04 161 for part of this season it was a pretty fun board as well. havne't gotten a chance to ride the 04/05 one yet though.