Question Anyone still using clickers? (and nice photo)

Just a thought. K2 is letting them go by the wayside yet they were really the only style of step-in binding I had much respect for.. Ah well...

Here's a thread regarding some nifty home made crampons to use with them. This guy also has made custom plate/highbacks for use on his splitboard as well. Check out his quest to get some good snow in the Tahoe area this month... Nice line eh?

Last edited by NoKnees; 03-18-2004 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Forgot link
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

you know i do!

too bad, in my book, it was the only step-in worth having. it's pretty strange how such a good design got killed. i scored some clicker boots off ebay a couple of months ago and have been going back and forth between straps and step-in. both have their advantageous and disadvantageous. i normally use the clickers when i'm into getting as much ride time as possible. i love the fact that i can exit a chair, click in, and take off riding.

that crampon looks interesting. i've adapted an old clicker binding to my verts snowshoes. i've also rigged my clickers with a quick-release strap for avalanches. basically i connected a wide strap to the two release levers. when left in the unlocked position, one quick yank on the strap ejects the board.

thanks for the heads up. i might have to look for another set of boots just in case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.