TR: Super St. Bernard 3/14/2004

Resort: Super St. Bernard, Switzerland
    Date: 3/14/2004
    Temp: 0C
    Wind: Still
    Snow: Spring
    Sun: Sunny

Crappy weekend weather with mostly cloudy and rainy nearby. It got really warm so nothing was looking appealing. I got in my car and started driving and just kept going until the weather looked better. The weather transitioned from miserable rain to clearing skies. I ended up as Super St. Bernard, where apparently little rain or fresh snow had fallen. The snow was soft spring windpacked with some powder stashes. The tunnel run was open and the first pitch was nice with about 10cm of soft powder. Similar conditions on the main side. A full parking lot but very few people on the slopes. I think most people were touring.

Solo run, scenery only.
    Attached Images Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I can rely on you..

I log into this forum every monday only to see wether you posted some snow pix. You haven't let me down a single monday. Thanks!

Even though the conditions weren't hollywood style last weekend, I'm sure the alps are gonna throw picture perfect conditions your way again before the season is over...
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

video

here's a little test video i did. just goofin around with it. nothing special. i might start doing more since taking pics of the same place gets rather boring. whaddya think of the quality? keep in mind this is a diginal camera and NOT a digital video camera.

http://hosting.the-edg.net/ripzalot/ssb6.WMV

You should learn to board with your mouth shut.

Snow ingestion is painful.

Here are my shots from last Tuesday... a vacation day well spent. This might have been the last of the fresh pow for this season (but I am hopeful for new dumps).

PDS this weekend?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yah, what's with the open mouth? Actually looked like it had potential as that snow covered rock came into view, but before I could see you go flying off it the film stopped.. I'm sure you did something amazing off that, right? ;)

Nice photos.. I'm having some withdrawals.. Been too long since fresh snow has fallen..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"