Gas, Cash, or Succotash...

No One Rides for Free.

Spent three hours in the DMV today to pick up my new plates. Free beer, or a free hickey, to the person who gets the reference first. (In the case of mehug, free hickey and free beer just because. Quantities limited to available stock.).

Oh, the coolest thing about the whole process? In between clutching my skull in dismay at the loutish behavior of my fellow Angelenos, and napping, I found a Bon Jovi reference in the NY Times crossword puzzle. Whoa!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That would be...

Quote Originally Posted by LazyL
    Free beer, or a free hickey, to the person who gets the reference first.
    A chair at June Mountain.

When can I collect?;)
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Ding ding ding!

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum
    A chair at June Mountain.

When can I collect?;)
    We have a winner. Very good, young Tantrum! I'll FedEx you that beer (and donate the hickey to the FedEx guy). Actually, our FedEx guy is ugly AND surly. I feel gypped.

I love Chair J1. It is so ricketey and rinky-dink and takes forever to get to the top. The runs beneath it, though, are waaaaaay outa my league!

were you not riding this past weekend?

how'd it go?

Now I feel ripped off!...

Quote Originally Posted by LazyL
    I'll FedEx you that beer (and donate the hickey to the FedEx guy).
    Not being able to collect in person. Weren't you supposed to be out in our great state right about this time? What happened?

Our Fed Ex woman is a hottie. Maybe you can have her give me the hicky when she delivers my beer.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Not being able to collect in person. Weren't you supposed to be out in our great state right about this time? What happened?

Our Fed Ex woman is a hottie. Maybe you can have her give me the hicky when she delivers my beer.

OR! Maybe you can watch as LazyLiz gives your hottie FedEx gal a hickey?

Now you're talking!...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    OR! Maybe you can watch as LazyLiz gives your hottie FedEx gal a hickey?
    Now, how can I make this happen?
    Tantrum

Yup

Aren't you sweet to recall, and to inquire.

It was a good trip. I was so scared to hit the slopes again after last season's debacles that I was nauseated the night before I rode. The first day, I just concentrated on slowly and methodically rebuilding my mental steez on some easy runs, doing laps on the same run, over and over and over, until I felt like I'd gotten it down. I found that humming an Ella Fitzgerald rendition of a Cole Porter song helped. I'm all about the waltz rhythm, baby.

Being that it was a weekday, it felt like having my own private chairlift and run. And, I had the jacuzzi to myself under a full moon.

The next day, I took one run, freaked at the crowds, and called it a day. Treated myself to a nice princess lunch and wine, and did crosswords until my friends were done riding.

Conditions at Mammoth were picture-perfect: lovely packed powder, warm (but not too-warm) temps, and...good god...no wind!

Very nice weekend.

When is your next Whistler trip?

Heh heh.

Is there a checkbox on the FedEx form requiring a hickey-based confirmation of delivery?

Sigh. Yeah. I was most definitely supposed to be out in your great/lovely/cool/powder-fresh state last month. Had to divert to my CO funds to some health-related bills, to my dismay/disgust/disgruntlement. Such is life. Poor planning on my part does not constitute an indictment of our healthcare system, though, right? Or does it? It boggles my mind what illnesses are considered "legit" and billable, versus those that fall outside of coverage. I'll leave it at that. Except to say that, I'm sharpening my claws/wits/swords to go into battle with the powers that be, once I'm better.

*******s.

Anyway, I'm hoping/planning/saving to visit your gorgeous state during the hiking/camping months of late summer.

Stay cool.

Late summer is also a nice time of year...

Bummer about the lack of fundage. A summer trip to CO can be just as nice. The invite for a cold one still stands, regardless of time of year.
    Tantrum