Hybrid View

Snow in Cali... Mammoth Opened... Good times!

Okay, so I haven't gotten out to ride anything yet, but at least there are options to do so... Mammoth Opened Monday, for show if anything... This last weekend brought our first layer of snow to the Sierra Nevada, but it'll take a bit more to make the Tahoe resorts rideable...

Saw some backcountry shots from around South Lake, not bad looking... Gotta be careful with a 12-24" base...

Off to watch TGR's "Under the Influence" Tonight.. Should be good...

Catching "My Own To Feet" premier next week.... Nice backcountry snowboard flick, all Sierra/Tahoe area with Jeremy Jones and the crew..

Getting ready to kick off the season right... how about you guys?
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Breck and Keystone open on Friday with 18-24" bases and only a few lifts/runs but it's the start of the season.

I was in SF last weekend when that storm rolled through on Thursday. Almost ruined the Trick-or-treating for the little gremlins but luckily the rain stopped for a while Friday night.

How were the flicks?
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Man, the spam here has gotten out of hand...

Anyway, flicks were good. TGR's films are always a blast. Not as much boarding as skiing this year, but still pretty good. Jeremy Jones is always riding the gnarliest stuff. Fun hearing some pretty impressive skiers talk about not wanting to touch some of the stuff JJ rides..

The other cool flick, "My Own Two Feet" was great, JJ was there helping to promote that one too. Great look at backcountry boarding in the Tahoe area.. David Downing made an appearance, as did Tom Burt and Jeremy Jones and a bunch of other Tahoe based shredders... Good stuff... Good flick, and the proceeds all go to good causes like POW "Protect Our Winters"..

Got some snow falling this week, so might get out this weekend after Thanksiving... Hoping for the best...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Ski, Bike, Photo
    I'm starting to pay attention to the forums here now. Don't have much time for it. But this site needs some love!
    Skier, Mountain Biker, Photographer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

True that...

Yah, the site needs a lot of love. I think most of the old regulars have bailed on it... Quite a few spambots and the likes... Would be cool to see it wake up again, but alas, only time will tell..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Ski, Bike, Photo

Love

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Yah, the site needs a lot of love. I think most of the old regulars have bailed on it... Quite a few spambots and the likes... Would be cool to see it wake up again, but alas, only time will tell..
    I'm skiing 3 or 4 days a week now that I live in Salt Lake. So I really want to see this site pick up. I'm super busy with PhotographyREVIEW.com work. But I am making a serious effort to give this site a bit of attention. I updated the ancient Quick Poll, I've been deleting spam, and when I get a little time I'll start updating some of the skis and other snow sports stuff in the reviews. When I get to the reviews I'll start a new thread and see what people want to post reviews for.
    Skier, Mountain Biker, Photographer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sounds good... Hopefully this will help pick things up...

Have fun in Utah... Where you planning on hitting? Look forward to seeing some photographs of the trip.

Haven't been able to take my camera out of the bag my last few days in Tahoe due to blizzard-like conditions... Maybe this weekend.. We'll see...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"