SOS, another day...

Another day at Kirkwood.... If I didn't like riding here so much, I'd really hate riding here so much... Management doesn't like giving you much info on the phone regarding conditions, capacity, etc... And what they do give you seems mixed with B.S. half the time. Anyway, they blew a generator at the resort Saturday... Place was shut down Sunday due to "weather" they said, but turns out it was mostly due to their power issues. They got things back up and running with limited capacity eventually, but didn't let anyone know the full scoop...

Good news is they will be at least discounting peoples tickets if they bring in their stubs from this last Sunday or Monday... Half day price.. better than nothing I supposed... Still, they need to get their $#!t worked out..

Now, some pics snapped during the day... Yes, the dreaded east winds are back... so the nice light powder that was there today, will be gone tomorrow... Fun while it lasted... OH, and check out my mad purple and red gorilla steez in the last pick... Honestly, at one point in the jump I had my grab on... ;)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

At least you're out riding...

My daughters' social calendars have prevented us from going up to the house for 3 weekends now. That up-slope wind looked gnarly.

A better photog will show your mad skillz.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

That's bummer. You guys have been getting a lot of good snow too... Well, hope you get out and get some sooner than later... Definitely an above ave. season so far... However, can't easily replace the time with the young'ns either, so it's a trade-off...

And yah, gotta work on the photographer.. That or photoshop... Maybe next week, if we get some snow again...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    That's bummer. You guys have been getting a lot of good snow too... Well, hope you get out and get some sooner than later... Definitely an above ave. season so far... However, can't easily replace the time with the young'ns either, so it's a trade-off...

And yah, gotta work on the photographer.. That or photoshop... Maybe next week, if we get some snow again...
    We're finally getting up for Presidents' weekend along with thousands of my closest friends. I will get a Thursday in this week with my daughter's class trip to Eldora, just outside of Boulder. You can't beat that!
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

So, how did the battle with the Pres day crowds go? At least you did get that Thursday to play.... Nothing beats weekday riding, other than weekday riding in bluebird weather after a 2+ ft dump over an already bloated base... But hey, why be picky? ;)
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Thursday was fun...

The oldest Tantrumette is now into snowboarding and is able to link a few turns so it's fun to be with her.

Pres weekend wasn't that bad. Saturday was a zoo, but Sunday and Monday were not crowded and the snow has been excellent. I found a new bowl at Breck that is not on the map called the "Oatmeal Bowl." Short little trek along the out of bounds rope and viola, you are at the top of a 150 ft bowl with knee deep untracked pow. you don't get many turns in but it's fun.
    Tantrum

Cool! Watching the little groms progress is such fun. Even better when they reach a level that allows you to enjoy the riding with them a bit more..

As for your Oatmeal, sweet. Nice to have your own little stash, no matter how small it is...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"