Hybrid View

Waaaa...Avalanche!

Check out this video from some kids who ducked a rope at Telluride . One guy shot a video with his helmet cam of his buddy getting swept up in an avalanche. Not much avalanche action but shows how quickly you can get into big trouble.
    http://www.telluridenews.com/homepage/x1925663146
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Good little vid. Talk about piling up your own incriminating evidence though. They got a clear shot of every warning sign, rope, and bad decision they made, knowlingly going into a close area and acknowledging they could get into trouble. Glad they were okay, but glad they were caught and charged for it accordingly.

Now for all the Texas "Gaper" jokes to start rolling...

In the meantime, the body count goes up this year. Think I heard that another skiier died in Montana in an avy. Not a good season, and it's still early...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

I hear ya. We've had 5 avy deaths this year, which is one short of the record for a year. The good snow is like the Siren's call.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

That video just shows sheer stupidity at it's best. There were so many signs that it was bad news and they just ignored them.
    Great information

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I didn't watch the whole vid but that's really dangerous.
    They're really some fortunate people.

Quote Originally Posted by layla17
    That video just shows sheer stupidity at it's best.
    Well, they were from Texas.

Welcome to the board.
    Tantrum