Goin to Utah. Where to ride?

I can't believe I've never snowboarded in Utah. I've riden bikes and boards all over the rocks, but never played in their, allegedly, superior snow.

So where should I ride this weekend? My home base is going to be somewhere in SLC. Maybe even a crib in Park City to partake in the Sundance weirdness.

holla!

Quote Originally Posted by mehugtree
    I can't believe I've never snowboarded in Utah. I've riden bikes and boards all over the rocks, but never played in their, allegedly, superior snow.

So where should I ride this weekend? My home base is going to be somewhere in SLC. Maybe even a crib in Park City to partake in the Sundance weirdness.

holla!
    What, you too good to swing by CO and ride with us?

Utah snow may be the "greatest on earth" but we've had quite a bit this year and I'll stack our "champagne powder" against theirs any day. That being said, I hear Alta is pretty nice and with over a 100" base at mid-mountain. Powder Mountain is also one I have heard good things about. Look at this deal at Solitude: http://www.skisolitude.com/home/packages.php

What's up with you all in the South?
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Powder Mountain and Snowbasin (outside of Ogden) have been getting a ton of snow this winter, but if you're going to be down in Salt Lake I would also recomend Solitude if you are going up on a weekend. Be sure to drop into the backside (Honeycomb canyon). Unless you like park riding I would avoid the Park City resorts, too expensive and less pow than the Cottonwood Canyon resorts. It's looking like we might get some snow on Sunday, keep your fingers crossed.

Don't give too much info...

to MHT. He's likely to move to SLC.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

I might! It was a blast.

Hit up Park City one day, mostly the backside of the mountain, playing in the trees. not too bad, but definately would avoid that place when crowded!

Next day hit up Brighton. Man, that place is nuts! Lots and lots of rock/cliff drops. Found good snow in the less travelled areas and connected up with some of Solitude's runs.

Good stuff! Third day hit up The Canyons. Pretty good stuff. Found a couple natural halfpipes and some powder stashes.

Out of the three I think Brighton was definitely the most varied.

Did you get to ride on Monday? Had some great snow that day. I got up Big Cottonwood canyon before they closed it. The drive up was pretty scary, but the riding was great. I agree Brighton is a great place to spend a day. Glad you had a great time.

Not one quote about...

Quote Originally Posted by mehugtree
    I might! It was a blast.

Hit up Park City one day, mostly the backside of the mountain, playing in the trees. not too bad, but definately would avoid that place when crowded!

Next day hit up Brighton. Man, that place is nuts! Lots and lots of rock/cliff drops. Found good snow in the less travelled areas and connected up with some of Solitude's runs.

Good stuff! Third day hit up The Canyons. Pretty good stuff. Found a couple natural halfpipes and some powder stashes.

Out of the three I think Brighton was definitely the most varied.
    the nightlife, beers, or the ladies. You're losing your touch in your old age.
    Tantrum