Thread: calf pain.

calf pain.

So here's the deal. I have a set of Burton CFX's that I have stopped riding on much because sometimes (like this morning!), they kill my calf's while riding. Not every day, just some days. I have moved the forward lean all over the place trying to see if it helped, and it has no effect. I have adjusted the angle of the highbacks to be more parrellel with the board. Nada. None of my other bindings have ever done this to me. they have hurt me with three different boots. So it's definately the bindings. Does anybody else experience this, and/or have ideas on how to alleviate it? Thanks!

How does the highback height on those compare to your other ones? I have some 3 year old CFX's that I enjoy (now on my fiance's board), but do notice that the highbacks are taller than any of my others. I never noticed pain from them because my boots are pretty stiff, thus spreading out the highback pressure... Think this could be it maybe? Firmer snow you'd notice it was well... Just thinking..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    How does the highback height on those compare to your other ones? I have some 3 year old CFX's that I enjoy (now on my fiance's board), but do notice that the highbacks are taller than any of my others. I never noticed pain from them because my boots are pretty stiff, thus spreading out the highback pressure... Think this could be it maybe? Firmer snow you'd notice it was well... Just thinking..
    They are pretty high. I tend to notice it less in my malamutes, but I have noticed it even in them, and they are about as stiff as you can get. It may just be some wierd combination of their height/shape and the shape of my calves ( a little larger than average probably).

Quote Originally Posted by beez
    They are pretty high. I tend to notice it less in my malamutes, but I have noticed it even in them, and they are about as stiff as you can get. It may just be some wierd combination of their height/shape and the shape of my calves ( a little larger than average probably).
    Are the carbon highbacks of your CFX stiffer than your other bindings' highbacks? Do you have them on a much different board set up (length, binding angles, etc.)?
    MARK

I'm sure they are stiffer

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    Are the carbon highbacks of your CFX stiffer than your other bindings' highbacks? Do you have them on a much different board set up (length, binding angles, etc.)?
    the bindings are at the same angle, width etc though.