So, it's like snowing in the West.

Which does me absolutely no good. At least not yet.

You guys out there playing in it? Lucky *******s.

Might be hitting Utah around Sundance time....I hear the slopes are empty. All the douche bags stick to the movies.

miss y'all!

-mht

Had a big storm last weekend and supposed to get a few inches tonight. It's decent in Utah but we need a lot more. I'll be up at Solitude tomorrow morning.

It's been dumping here in CO. Silverton has received over 100 inches in the last few weeks. Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a451a-8TfHI

Breck has also received over a foot in the last week. It's shaping up to be a nice Xmas.

Give us a shout when you are out next.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Getting started...

First real storms are hitting Tahoe now... So, you guys should see some good stuff in a day or two...

Tuesday
    Dec 18, 2007

Hi 33°f / 1°c (base)
    Lo 23°f / -5°c (base)

Sky Condition:
    Cloudy with moderate and heavy snow showers through the day and afternoon. Snow showers taper off and become isolated through the evening and overnight. Precipitation:
    Snow.
    Snow Potential
    16 to 22 inches of accumulation.
    Wind:
    S/ SW at 20 - 40 gusts to 55mph (gusts to 60mph up top).

Wednesday
    Dec 19, 2007

Hi 33°f / 1°c (base)
    Lo 21°f / -6°c (base)

Sky Condition:
    Partly cloudy during the day with isolated snow showers. Skies become mostly cloudy as the sun goes down, then cloudy, with heavy snow in the later evening and overnight. Heavy accumulation is expected. Winds look strong, with blowing and drifting snow expected. Snow levels should run right around 5,000 feet. Precipitation:
    Snow likely, especially overnight.
    Snow Potential
    15 to 19 inches of accumulation, mostly late.
    Wind:
    SW at 20 - 35 gusts to 55mph, increasing to SW at 25 - 45 gusts to 65mph (gusts to 75mph up top).

Thursday
    Dec 20, 2007

Hi 29°f / -2°c (base)
    Lo 13°f / -11°c (base)

Sky Condition:
    Cloudy and becoming much colder. Moderate snow showers are expected in the morning. Snow levels drop to around 2,000 feet. Clouds start breaking up during the day, and snow showers become more spotty and isolated by afternoon. Winds decrease, but some blowing and drifting snow is still expected. Precipitation:
    Snow likely, mainly early.
    Snow Potential
    5 to 8 inches of additional accumulation, mostly in the morning.
    Wind:
    SW at 15 - 30 gusts to 45mph, decreasing to NW at 10 - 20 gusts to 30mph (gusts to 60mph above 9,000 feet in the morning).
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

10" at Solitude today and it's supposed to keep snowing through Friday afternoon. We're finally going to get a good base started. Keep those storms coming.

Yep, we'll keep sending them your way after ringing 'em out for a bit. Finally getting our base here. Should have a white Christmas, then a white New Year again...

Can't wait to get back on the snow.. Two days to go...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Sundance?

You in the film biz now, toots? I had you pegged as more of a slamdance kinda feller.

Anyway, Park City: bring your own puffy made from the wings of iridescent butterflies, and your own beer. Made from whatever beer is made from.

Wet storm system rolling thru here. Local mountains are getting skunked, but so. Sierra is lighting up nicely.

I love winter.

Smooches!