Wow, it HAS been a while...

...but it is good to see a few familiar names!

I was just telling a friend of mine about the one time I rode Whistler and how I couldn't have been luckier. Sick weather and even sicker peeps to ride with!

What's up peeps?! Canuck, congrats on the marriage. NoKnees, glad to hear you are getting back in to photography. TBone, I hope you and the Doc are doing well. FatDog...big Love cous, big Love. Anyone know how Jerel is doing? Marina, I tried to holla at you before my trip to Spain. Is AC still doing snowboard videos? ColdCat and MeHugTree, I just came across your cd's from one of the OG swaps we did back in the day. Mark are you still in the boardriding biz? Anyone still keep in touch w/ Capm?

Me? Well, riding was never the same for me once I got back from Whistler. I came to realize my "mountain" was really just a "hill". Haha. The winter seasons have gotten progressively worse here in SoCal so I don't get to ride as much as I want. To compensate, I've got into another form of riding. Married my best friend almost 3 years ago and we had our first child, Isabella, nearly 8 months ago. Wow. Being a father definitely changes your life in ways you couldn't imagine. There's nothing like listening to your baby giggle.

Anyhow, I hope everyone is living the life they truely want.

-r.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RonB! Wassup! Looking good.... That whistler trip was definitely one of the more enjoyable few days on the snow I've had in years... And honestly, Whistler puts most of our little hills to shame. Hard to compete with that, especially with that nice little dump of pow we received those last few days.

As for what you are up to now, congrats big papa! Nice quote though: "To compensate, I've got into another form of riding. Married my best friend almost 3 years ago and we had our first child, Isabella, nearly 8 months ago." Yah, that form of riding will account for your first child... .. ;)

The meaning of that quote changed entirely once I saw the picture of the bike though... That form of riding is all good too... Little more expensive than boarding, or, um, riding your wife, but still a good time...

Glad to see life is treating you well... Hopefully you are clear and free of the fires down in SoCal now too... I have some other friends down there safe from the flames, but the quality of life is definitely suffering for those not directly impacted, not to mention those that have lost something or someone... Definitely a bummer of a way to end a mellow summer...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

looking good Ron B!!!
    Congrats on getting hitched and on the baby!! Very cute.. yes, it does change your life I know...

I heard from LisaP (remember her?) Married to her man and teaching school.. almost 30 years old now! Time does fly by.....

Haha...good catch on that quote Greg! I'm sure the wife will get a kick out of that one. The fires did come a bit too close for comfort so we evac'd for a few days. Luckily, they missed us again. Unfortunately I know more than a few people who lost their homes. I took a few days off to volunteer w/ the Red Cross again and my family and I are giving where we can to help others rebuild. San Diego was amazing this time around w/ the support systems tho. There were more than 10K+ evacuees at Qualcomm Stadium (where the Chargers play) and after the first nite the news was actually telling people to stop bringing food. They had more than enough to last for days and were running out of space!

Canuck! Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, I remember LisaP. She was a little spunky one!

Anyone else hearing about a La Nina season this year? Jeez, just when I was thinking about dusting off the board I hear it'll be an even drier year.

-r.

not up here.. cold and wet, I think we're in for an epic season!!
    (fingers crossed)

-anyhow, I'm watching "best of TB" right now and jonesing like crazy!!!!!

Brazilian Whipping Boy
    RonB! What's shakin brutha? Nice pics, and nice catch! You two have an adorable little girl! (at least she looks adorable--I don't have to take care of her )

Nice riding pic as well. That's sick!

I don't think Capm's been around for a LONG time. AC is still doing videos. I got an email from him a bit ago offering this year's vid. I forgot to order...will have to talk the wife into my allowance.

Sounds like watching a snowboarding flick might be a good time. Good idea Canuck!

T

Ron!

What's up! EVeryone is doing their thing, Capm is still at Sac Brew Co as far as I know. Man WHistler rocked that year. We hit everything from white out/85mph conditions, to first tracks on fresh in the bx course. Truly a great getaway!
    MARK

Ron B! Great to hear from you. Congrats on your marriage and your little girl. I don't know about them motor-sickles, though. Looks kinda scary to me :-)

- Kev.

Yep, was a great trip. Lotta good memories from that. Still remember Canaria wrapped around a tree during one of the bigger powder days... Them were tight ones...

Hoping for some good conditions in late Februarythere when I next head back... Anyone know of any deals on 4 or 5 day's worth of lift tickets to W/B? USD vs Canadian sucks right now, but getting better...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Ha Greg, check out this pic of the tree wrapping with Ron coming to the rescue!!!
    MARK

Yep, that's the one! Marina and Ron's good side.. Nice...

Had it on my home computer but didn't have it handy here at work... You da man!
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

RonB! Wassup! Looking good.... That whistler trip was definitely one of the more enjoyable few days on the snow I've had in years... And honestly, Whistler puts most of our little hills to shame. Hard to compete with that, especially with that nice little dump of pow we received those last few days.

As for what you are up to now, congrats big papa! Nice quote though: "To compensate, I've got into another form of riding. Married my best friend almost 3 years ago and we had our first child, Isabella, nearly 8 months ago." Yah, that form of riding will account for your first child... .. ;)

The meaning of that quote changed entirely once I saw the picture of the bike though... That form of riding is all good too... Little more expensive than boarding, or, um, riding your wife, but still a good time...

Glad to see life is treating you well... Hopefully you are clear and free of the fires down in SoCal now too... I have some other friends down there safe from the flames, but the quality of life is definitely suffering for those not directly impacted, not to mention those that have lost something or someone... Definitely a bummer of a way to end a mellow summer...

That whistler trip was definitely one of the more enjoyable few days on the snow I've had in years... And honestly, Whistler puts most of our little hills to shame. Hard to compete with that, especially with that nice little dump of pow we received those last few days

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.