Two tips. For those interested

Found another film out tere that doesnt look like run of the mill stuff. Axel Pauporte made a documentary about big mountain riding. Fun thing of it is, he seems to have interviewed quite some older faces from the snowboarding scene, who have been killing it in the old days when being able to do a 360 was still beyond cool. Im looking forward to checking it out Unfortunately it isnt out yet, but a small taste can be found on the website;

www.linesthefilm.com

Second tip: I tested the Burton custom X last friday. Damn, thats one lively board! carves steadily and fast, yet still forgiving and easy to fool around on. Good flowing board. It could be more agressive for me, but for someone who is looking for a good allrounder do it all on, its a pretty good bet.

Will test the T6 next week, and hopefully the K2 Zeppelin and the Salomon Special. I am eager to ride something thats not Burton, and check how that feels.
    Anyone of you have any experience with these boards? Or recommendations on what to look for outside these brands? (168 cms, 67 kgs, I am looking for a board around 156, directional, pretty stiff and aggressive, as I like to carve hard, but also like to do pipe and jumps. I am definately not a rail hitter. I once had a Burton balance and I loved that board)
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Coldcat!!

Thanks for that link, yikes there are some old school names in that film huh??
    Shawn Farmer, Mike Ranquet?!!
    I'll definitely get that one...

How are things in the flat country?! I'm off to Paris in a couple of weeks for a break...
    Take Care!
    canuck

Ooh la la!

Hey Canuck! Paris, eh? with the wife, smooth move!

(And yes, I found out you got married while I wasn't looking! tssk tssk) je te souhaite des tres bonnes temps dans la ville des lumierses!

All the old names are still out there rockin'. from snowfever there aint no cure
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Merci Coldcat!
    Whistler is getting snow up top and our entire family has seasons passes, so this year, for the first time in a while, there can be

NO EXCUSES!!

bing it on.....!!!!

It has started!
    Well, in the east of the alps and the Balkan it has. The glaciers in Austria got a metre and then something, and this week the snowlevel is dropping till 500 meter there! France and Switzerland still have to wait a bit, or so I am told.

And about those two tips: I saw the film 'Lines'by now and loved it. There are some cuts in there I dont like that much (edits I mean) but I like the fhe fact it is a true documentary very, very much!

Anyone out here saw the documentary on Craig Kelly 'Let it Ride'??

I have ridden the K2 Zeppelin 156 by now and the Burton T6. In the end, after much debate, bought the K2 with new Cartels. So now I got a new rig!! I liked the T6 too, but the K2 is plenty more playful, yet stiffer and more biting then the custom. Nice and snappy.

I rode them in the longest indoor skislope the Netherlands has (well, what else can I do?) which has a 500 m long slope, so no room for the T6 to really show it's speed, though I got an idea it is a carving machine. Rigid and fast. If I had had money for two boards, I'd have gotten one.

Oh, and before I forget: the following pics are parental advisory. :P :P The first one is that slope I spoke of, seen from the outside. Inside there are two runs, both 500 m long, about 25 m wide, serviced by a six seat chair and two tows. And yes, there is a small park.
    Second and third pics is me with my new ride. Cant wait to try her on a real mountain!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have a look at my

Chilly Kitty!

Damn message board killed my first reply... grrr...

Anyway, looks like a lucky board! I'm sure it'll take good care of you if you treat it that well... K2 Zep's have always had a good rep, and the Cartel's are a solid binding...

500m long indoor slope? Impressive. I still don't see how those places can make enough money to turn a profit, it just seems so expensive to keep them up. But hey, if you can do it, why not?

No real hope of snow yet in Tahoe... There have been a few good dustings, but not much is sticking yet. Still need that one big Pacific Dump to hit us to start the real base building work. Squirrels have been busier than usual packing away nuts, so maybe they know something we don't. In the meantime, southern California is up in smoke... Big time fires with 300,000 folks evacuated so far between Orange County/San Diego County and the Mexican border... Queue John Lydon singing "Burn Hollywood, Burn"...

In the meantime, no, didn't get to see the Craig Kelly movie... Totally bummed as it was showing for a couple days up in San Francisco, but I couldn't get up there. Been looking forward to it for over a year now too. Hopefully it'll make it to DVD sooner than later. Same with Axel P's flick. Heard about it last year and need to get my hands on it. Always liked his big mountain riding, but he can ride anything. He's a stud....

Hey Canuck, I'll be up in Whistler around the last weekend in February sometime. Save me some snow!

- NoKnees (soon to be "NoArm" after too much baseball this year)
    Greg
    "NoKnees"