I am a 48 yr old woman who started snowboarding last year. I live in Colorado and have a season pass and have been up around 30 times this year. I am on a an old used Salomon Shade 140...I have looked around the internet trying to learn more about Women specific boards in general. Here is what it seems folks are saying...but everyone has a different opinion....Burton started this whole deal ..but their boards don't last...Ride makes good boards...Never Summer (here in denver) makes excellent boards but their pricey...I have tried a K2 Skyla which I actually purchased for dirt cheap two days ago...but it was damn hard to ride...maybe that is what happens when you get a new board. I am about 5'5" and weigh about 180 lbs....I cycle a ton in the summer and am in good shape and will continue boarding as I love it. How far should a board come up on you?? Any suggestions as to good womens boards?? I have absolutely NO intention of doing any park riding or tricks on this board at my age....just going down the slopes...I currently ride mainly the blues and an occassional black (but it is not a pretty site on those blacks...lol). I have been riding for two seasons now. HELP!!!! I want to get smething now as there are killer deals at the clearance centers here in Denver.
Alia