Hybrid View

Question Questions about Forum boards

So after 3 years of thrashing my Custom 64, I decided it's time for a new stick. I was looking at the Forum F-10 165cm. I'm a 6'1" 180 lbs, and spend nearly all my time freeride. Has anyone ridden this board, and can offer similarities/differences between it and a Custom? I'm also a little leery of their I-lock construction. I think it's more of a gimmik than anything, but do the bindings stay put once they're set? It would seem the potential for them to slip is pretty good.

Looking forward to some input

I don't know about forum much but..

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstoned
    So after 3 years of thrashing my Custom 64, I decided it's time for a new stick. I was looking at the Forum F-10 165cm. I'm a 6'1" 180 lbs, and spend nearly all my time freeride. Has anyone ridden this board, and can offer similarities/differences between it and a Custom? I'm also a little leery of their I-lock construction. I think it's more of a gimmik than anything, but do the bindings stay put once they're set? It would seem the potential for them to slip is pretty good.

Of all my riding bro's and sisters, not a single one rides forum. And we are all pretty much hardcore free riders. And I have never heard a bad word about the Custom, only praise. So ......,

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstoned

IMO with Forum you don't quite get as much board for the money as you should. As for the insert system, it was actually used somewhat widely by lesser known labels back in the mid-90s. The reason stopped back then(?), it altered the flex patterns due to a lack of material in the insert channels and wasn't being used by the larger companies.
    MARK

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    IMO with Forum you don't quite get as much board for the money as you should. As for the insert system, it was actually used somewhat widely by lesser known labels back in the mid-90s. The reason stopped back then(?), it altered the flex patterns due to a lack of material in the insert channels and wasn't being used by the larger companies.
    Yes, apparently they have 'solved' this issue with a carbon plate that surrounds the channels. I can't see it on the F-10 board due to the top sheet, but on another pro model you can see the football shaped disc if you tilt the board just right in the light. Apparently the carbon is supposed to increase the stiffness roughly the same amount that the channels decrease it, resulting in a near consistent flex pattern from tip to tail. I don't know if I believe that, but it's their hype, and their board (Forum that is). I guess with a 2 year warranty, if I manage to rip out one of the channels I'll get a new board. Thanks for the input everyone.

Oh, and as far as board for the money, it's 40% off, so I'm pretty sure I will get what I paid for.