Thread: Finally!

Smile Finally!

Well, Tahoe didn't quite get the 5 foot dump that the Kirkwood weather folks were dreaming of in their predictions, but it turned out okay for the most part. Between Thursday and when I bailed Sunday, there was a good 2-3ft of fresh snow, only about the top 6-12" on Sunday, at the top of the mountain could qualify as real powder, but the rest wasn't bad... *edit: Kirkwood claims 4-5 feet, but it was so wet and packed down that this really wan't the case. Still, nice though!

Did anyone get out and ride Friday before the rain came in? Even rained at Kirkwood on the bottom of the hill, while just the top 1/2 got sloppy snow..

Saturday was fun, not very crowded, but very wet. Because of overnight spike in snow level, top half of the mountain was fun, bottom half was wet work in sloppy sierra cement...

Sunday, crowded, as many chairs had delayed openings with major, major avy control work going on. Very big patrol and bomb triggered avy's. But alas, they did manage to get the entire mountain open, including the backside...

Snow fell, heavy at times, all day, both days... The mix of light on heavy snow made for some nice padding to drop just about anything you wanted... I did a couple nice big drop's to flat (not entirely by choice) and rolled out of them without more than a good laugh and a head full of snow...

Today would be sweet up there. In a couple days, the backcountry will be sweet too. Just right now, it's pretty sketchy with a mix of heavy then lighter stuff on a pretty firm base... I managed to shear off a few small slabs Saturday, not much on Sunday.

Be carefull out there in the next couple days... However, next weekend should be a nice one to get out and play with very low risk.. As always though, check avalanche.org and dig around a little before you get too crazy... This has not been a normal Tahoe year, and we don't quite yet have a normal Tahoe snowpack...

Might post a couple scenic shots tonight or tomorrow. No action, as I spent most of the time riding alone and it was seriously "gray bird" with bad visibility for photo ****ting...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

A ski area exagerating snowfall totals??? Why I never heard of a ski area doing that about snowfall or vertical feet.

What's up NK, glad you finally got some snow. You didn't bring Rich with you? I hope you guys didn't break up, everybody needs a little spoon once in awhile.
    e

Hey big E... Long time no see, speak, chat, etc...

No spooning over the weekend... Rich had to tend to the wife... I made sure to call him during the weekend to let him know what he was missing though.. Wish I had some photo's to rub it in, but alas, no joy... Have a couple gray on gray, with some gray snow and tree photo's, but those are only so much fun.

How's life treating ya? Getting any riding in? Married yet? Btw, love the look of, and have heard great things from people sporting the nxt's... Still haven't seen enough of your boards on the slopes yet... Guess U.S. folks still aren't impressed enough with the flying Finn's success on that gear... Dunno.. Still seems U.S. buyers care more about the bling of advertising than the bang of performance... Oh well..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Life has been really good...when I'm home. No ring for the girl yet, but soon, her cat has already taken my last name, but that's when she's in trouble.

Lots of snow,clouds with a light wind are perfect. It keeps the masses away, unless you're from the NW, in that case grey is our favorite color.

Boards are coming along well in the states. Just depends in what area & the sell thru is great. I rather have them on the hill, than do a huge qty & have them sit in the shops. World wide, this winter has been crap, europe is in horrible shape & they still are super warm with no snow.

So how is the compritor business, the misses, house & whatever else. Any little NK in the future.
    e

Cool, glad to hear life is good for ya these days. Ring time is always interesting... Good luck with that! And for the record, I never did get my wife to take my last name... Still not sure if that's good or bad.... Oh well..

So, the boards are doing better then? That's sweet. Still need to demo some of the newer ones... Some day... BTW, you guys do any NA "Demo Tours"? Not sure how good they are (cost/benefit) for you guys, but I always like the chance to get my grubby hands on gear that I might normally have that chance to hit..

Business is good, my specific job, that's another story... Not sure how long it is for this world, but we'll see... I might need to move to India or Mexico if I want to keep it... Well, not really, but it seems that way sometimes..

As for little NK's, not if everything goes as planned... I'll stick with being the "bad uncle" rather than "daddy". Easier to dodge responsibility that way... Besides, those gromets get in the way of my fun, and I just can't put up with that.
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

I rather be an "uncle" than a "uncle daddy".

Mexico or India....tough choice, India has some riding. Regarding a demo, yeah just email me your address or call my butt....well not my butt.

I'm not in the NW at the moment, in the Michigan, actually getting a lot of snow. Lake effect snow is pretty cool, you don't need a storm, just a little wind & it snows. I think we've gotten snow nearly everyday for the past month. The only problem is the vert, the runs can be fun, but they're quick. The way I look at it, I would waste a 1000' vert just to ride 200' of powder, then waste another 1000' vert just to get back. Well, that's what I tell myself.
    e

Hey big E... Long time no see, speak, chat, etc...

No spooning over the weekend... Rich had to tend to the wife... I made sure to call him during the weekend to let him know what he was missing though.. Wish I had some photo's to rub it in, but alas, no joy... Have a couple gray on gray, with some gray snow and tree photo's, but those are only so much fun.

How's life treating ya? Getting any riding in? Married yet? Btw, love the look of, and have heard great things from people sporting the nxt's... Still haven't seen enough of your boards on the slopes yet... Guess U.S. folks still aren't impressed enough with the flying Finn's success on that gear... Dunno.. Still seems U.S. buyers care more about the bling of advertising than the bang of performance... Oh well..