Hybrid View

my eyes are bleeding.

Or maybe I'm just getting old. Or maybe I just had an acid flashback. Not sure, but I just got back from a local Peter Glenn ski/snowboard shop and OMG what the hell is going on with snowboard fashion??? Did Adam Ant's tour bus collide with a short-bus full of pastel clowns?? I swear, I've never seen such ugly clothing. And I live in a part of town where fake fur, huge Tupac paintings on acid-washed jean ensembles and gold chains the size of sausage links are de rigeur.

Seriously.

Snowboard fashion used to be cool. I guess it was too cool and got co-opted by the ski fashion world, cuz now their gear is looking better (imho) than ours. well except for the one piece suits. But I'm sure Burton is working on a snake-skin patterned one, with matching fanny pack.

;)

-mht

Hmmm. In snowboarding there is a fashion for everyone. The style you described is for park rats and rail jibbers. More traditional solid line clean colored gear is still availible. I think the fashion is one of the best things about snowboarding. I has a look for people in all walks of life.
    If you don't want fur or pastel colors you don't have to, it's there. You sound more like a Helly Hansen, North Face, 686, Bonfire, O'neil, Burton and Burton AK. Most of the companies offer many of there jacket and pants in different colors. So I think the Burton AK stuff might be up your ally. Awesome materials, Very technical, More Fuction than Fashion.
    Bring Back SnowBoarderReview.Com

Talking

I want the onesy to come back anyway!!!!!!

yeah

oh, I know that there is stuff for everyone. I did find a couple clean solid colored jackets that I liked. But not as much, which is probably just a case of location (Atlanta) than anything else. I do like the Audex controls in some to the burton stuff...still looks hard to control with gloves on though.

Haha

Yeah Ted it's been taken up a notch this year over the last couple, some crazy combos for sure
    MARK

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    Yeah Ted it's been taken up a notch this year over the last couple, some crazy combos for sure
    Seersucker and gingham for 08/09. You read it here first!

(Will be dusting off the same duct-taped--calm yourself, mehug--togs here from circa 2000. Like a fine cask-aged beer, they tickle the palate.)

Not me...

Quote Originally Posted by LazyL
    (Will be dusting off the same duct-taped--calm yourself, mehug--togs here from circa 2000. Like a fine cask-aged beer, they tickle the palate.)
    Got a smoking deal so I shelled out the coin for a GASP! Burton shell. Couple that with my Costco underwear and I'll be toasty warm.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum
    Couple that with my Costco underwear and I'll be toasty warm.
    Dude, you'll be rockin' those Costco AIG underoos, too, this season? Sweet!

Economic meltdown, be damned. We're gonna slide.

I'm amazed at what you can find as Costco...

My local was selling Quiksilver cargo shorts. Pretty soon, Quiksilver will be the next Mossimo.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum
    My local was selling Quiksilver cargo shorts.
    Tell me about it! My local was offering free samples* of Grey Goose. The Goose has jumped the shark!

(Ok, it was just me pouring rogue shots into sippy cups and offering it up to cute guys, but still!)

I do recall the first time I saw surfboards on offer at the local Costco...eek. Shralp the gnar!

How's things in your world, m'dear? Any big snow trips on tap this year?

No snow trips but...

Quote Originally Posted by LazyL
    Tell me about it! My local was offering free samples* of Grey Goose. The Goose has jumped the shark!

(Ok, it was just me pouring rogue shots into sippy cups and offering it up to cute guys, but still!)

I do recall the first time I saw surfboards on offer at the local Costco...eek. Shralp the gnar!

How's things in your world, m'dear? Any big snow trips on tap this year?
    My 10 year old gets a free pass just for being in the 5th grade. She gets 3 free days at EVERY Colorado resort so I think we'll be road tripping down to southern CO for some powder. The resorts are smart because they get her hooked and I have to pay full fare for 3 day's of riding. Small price to pay for the young 'uns. To where are you off to this year?
    Tantrum

yea, the Audex stuff seems cool but they should total figure a way so you don't have to take of them mits. Cool concept though.

ATL definitely got something to do with it.

Omg Gf!

Bring back SnowBoardReview.com!

Yah, it's pretty crazy now with the current trends... I find myself looking back toward backcountry ski/mountaineering type clothes more than anything. Clean lines, no extras... All function... Not pretty, but more than functional...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Brazilian Whipping Boy
    I have fifteen more bandanas now. I love wearing bandanas on a sunny, 50 degree day, just to style up my outfit.

T

Yah, it's pretty crazy now with the current trends... I find myself looking back toward backcountry ski/mountaineering type clothes more than anything. Clean lines, no extras... All function... Not pretty, but more than functional...

Yah, I'd think the CO resorts have a clue... a little free taste, get'm hooked, then bleed their bank accounts dry with a new lifelong addiction...

I don't think Cali resorts are quite so generous, but then again, I haven't been checking on their deals for kids lately... And if all goes well, I'll never need to...

Anyway, I'll probably be sticking with Cali all season.. Not getting back to Whistler this year, and probably no other big trips...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

I did find a couple clean solid colored jackets that I liked. But not as much, which is probably just a case of location (Atlanta) than anything else. I do like the Audex controls in some to the burton stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.