Another Day on Donner Pass

Here comes your next photo fix.

It was -10C when we got out ot the car on friday morning. I guess I had read the review wrong. We had been hoping for a mild weather day and insted we got raging winds and freezing temperatures.
    But we were still out o have some fun with some good company, and we finally got to see the sun for a while in the afternoon, but the wind furry never let down its guard.

It didn't take much, but we cleaned off one of the jumps we had built on sunday.

Nieto.

Condro.

Most of the day was spent trying to duck the unescapable wind.

Mike and Nieto

Mike.

Nieto.

Mike and Nieto.

When the sun came out in the afternoon we decide to built a new kicker into a landing that was untracked. The lip turned out pretty big...

Nieto doing some final touches.

Nieto.

Mike E.

Me and Mike hiking up to the line up.

Me.

We took some video too, just with the regular point and shoot, but you still get the idea.
    If there is a better way to post video on this forum could someone enlighten me! thanks.

Hip jump of rock.

360 Japan air off kicker.

Hoping for more snow. I think we all are. Glad we have some jumps built though so when it does...
    Bring Back SnowBoarderReview.Com

Friday definatly turned out rad, from the looks, the temps, and almost getting blown off the side of the mountain the hype almost seemed non-existant but once we got into the swing of things it definatly turned out for the best. As for the new kicker, sick! perfect transition and nice long landing, once there is more snow it will really be time to get our huck on, the only thig will be that we'll want it to be bigger!
    Bring back SnowBoardReview.com!

snowboarder mtbiker coder mikeG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Condro
    We took some video too, just with the regular point and shoot, but you still get the idea.
    If there is a better way to post video on this forum could someone enlighten me! thanks.
    Do you ever use youtube.com? On mtbr we setup a tag for embeding videos in posts. Like this one ...
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=252998

Let me know if I should set it up fer outdoorreview forums

Hey Condro, looks like a good time.. Nice photo's and vids... It'd be fun to hang with you guys sometime when I'm not riding with my wife, even if only to work on my camera work.. ;)

Conditions are always a bit better a few days after the snow away from the resorts... And it does look like you guys have a nice playground built up around there. Definitely good times...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by mikeG
    Do you ever use youtube.com? On mtbr we setup a tag for embeding videos in posts. Like this one ...
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=252998

Let me know if I should set it up fer outdoorreview forums

If you build it they will come! Do It!

I'll try to keep you informed of when we are going up. I'm actually going to Kirkwood tomorrow, sittin' here trying to figure out what gear to bring, but next time you should meet us up there. Bring some friends too. We're always down for more photogs!

Man I really want another day like this to come around. I could really deal with some fresh snow and some fresh tracks. But I have been taking care of a lot of other things at the moment so in a way it's good.

Since I've been bored insted of board, check this out.