Sugar Bowl Sunday 1/7

On sunday I got back up to Tahoe. Planned the day around hiking and building some good kickers with some good friends. Turned out great.

Bouyer the Destroyer and Nieto.

Yeah Nieto!

We Built this kicker with some high hopes. It worked out but the way the sun was we couldn't really get any good shots. The lip was built just in front of a small ridge with a good landing on the back side, cool little gap line. It was a good warm up though.

Nieto

I ride regular...

Then we cut in a sweet hip line off a rock into a steep landing. It had a pretty crazy run in, but it worked out and was super fun.

I ride regular...

Destroyer built a little kicker too.

When we pretty much thought that day was over we notice there was still some fresh snow to be had off of a covered up step down rock gap. We decide we would just level it out a lip so we could hit it. 30 mintues later we had a much bigger lip than we had planned, but it turned out to be the kicker that made the day!

I ride regular...

Nieto is a ripper!!!

After leaving our finally bomb holes and Bouyer was totally destroyed, we got out of there.

Nice!

Looks like you guys had a blast... It seems back country/near country was where it was at after the windfest on Friday.

Were you guys playing around up off Donner Pass behind Mt. Judah? Looked like Donner lake in the background of one of the pics...

Anyway, nice action shots... Good skills....
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Sick!

Yeah Condrostein!

Sunday was my first real "backcountry"(more like side) experience and for the amout of snow we have at this point in the season, it exceded all expectations. It's amazing how much fun we had in such a small zone, the combination of being with friends and keeping the stoke high kept me fiening for more...pop...

I can't wait for more snow to be able to really ride all that is so easily avaliable.

It was a good day for sure. After getting home and looking around through the pictures I realized there are many things that we should have tried. I guess we got so stoked that we forgot to think.

Next time I want to spin that hip, come into some stuff fakie, and spin backside. I was pretty bummed that I forgot to try that stuff. We should try the jerky gap from further back so we can get more speed, and Bouyer's would be perfect for coming it fakie.

I'm ready.

exaaaactleeeey