Unhappy Kirkwood Report 1/5

Was hoping for a blue bird powderday instead I got a windy closed lift mountain. The pictures pretty much sum it up.

Yea...

100mph gust a top chair six. Only chair 5 was running...

Not all bad...

I called in "sick" for work Friday with the same hopes, but had a bad feeling that it would be another repeat of the previoius Thursday's "Post strom wind event". It was nasty, but not as bad as last weeks wind rape and pillage of the fresh snow.

The eventually opened up chair 11 as well, and that was where you could find a little more snow to play on. Ended up just lapping the area under Norm's Nose where the wind was refilling our tracks every run until about 2:30pm or so.

Here are a couple random shots of the day... Yah, a little windblown... I'm the gaper in blue with the red gloves, and NorCalRich is the other guy...

And yes, that is me about as backseat as you can get while still eventually landing on the board... Tried to pop an extra bit to clear a bombhole from earlier and nearly killed myself... Mad steeze... ;)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Cool photos, that pretty much sums it up.

I had a much better day yesterday at Sugarbowl, Check out the write up.

Yah, the day was about making the "sick day" worth it somehow... Nothing spectacular, but it sure beat sitting behind a desk...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Wasn't too stoked, I was at Alpine the day before and visability wasn't the best due to the heavy snow fall but the wind was almost none existant untill around 3:45 or so. It was rad, new snow and no crowds

Wasn't too stoked at the wood, I was at Alpine the day before and visability wasn't the best due to the heavy snow fall but the wind was almost none existant untill around 3:45 or so. It was rad, new snow and no crowds

snowboarder mtbiker coder mikeG's Avatar
    We hit Kirkwood last Friday (1/12/07) ... pretty chilly with a light dusting. When's the big snow gonna hit?

Greg, you stole my timeless? That is the identical board to the one I was riding over there. Back home in the Caribbean now after a good fun two weeks there.

Sigh!

CI

Yah, that's my old trusy 168 from 2001 or so... Love that board. Like an old "Timex".... Takes a lickin', but just keeps tickin'..

Sorry I didn't make it up there while you were riding. Glad you guys were able to make the most out of the mediocre conditions. Definitely nothing too impressive in the snow department, but still a good time to be had...

----
    And MIke, yah, Kirkwood is pretty beat right now. Best snow in Tahoe maybe, but it still kinda sucks... Too thin, firm, and cold! Was there Saturday enjoying the -22f windchill and sunny weather...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"