Hybrid View

Union - Force Binders

"Description: A team favorite, the Force is designed for the 100+ day–a–year riders who demand a bombproof binding that can take on any condition and terrain, every day of the week. All day comfort and dependability is what sets the Force apart from any other binding in its class." - UnionBindingCopany.com

I just had my filthy mits on a pair of these shinny things at the shop. The dudes there asured me that these were the "cool thing" to have for '07. I think they look pretty sweet too! The highbacks are super easy to adjust, they feel solid, and have many key features you'd expect from a higher price tag. At $199 they are looking pretty sweet to me. The only thing I noticed is they are little heavier than my Burton Missions, but the whole reason I looked in the first place is because my Missions broke...

They offer them in white and grey/ti too.

"Traditionally, metal heelcups are stamped out of sheetmetal and bent into the desired shape. This process compromises the structural integrity of the metal, and if ridden hard enough will bend and lose its original shape.

Extruded aluminum comes out 100% pure and maintains its shape year in and year out. Union was the first to bring this process to snowboarding, and is a standard throughout the collection." - UnionBindingCopany.com

Aparently this is the difference.

How do they compare weight wise? they look quite stiff

Check out he Airblaster review. It is a differently stylized version of the force bindings. They are probably a bit heavier than most of the competition. Especially at a $219 price point.

These all information which you can share is really very great. This process compromises the structural integrity of the metal, and if ridden hard enough will bend and lose its original shape.
    (spam link removed)