Sugar Bowl Snow Report

Headed up to Sugar Bowl to check things out on saturday. It was warm which was good because I had my girl friend with me, so it was more comfortable.

Definately more coverage since the storm, but they could definitely use some more. Hopefully thursdays drop will help.

They still don't have much up for their terrain parks, but Coldstream is open and the show time booter is pretty poppy, but pretty well set up. They have loads of rails and cool boxes. Some real different stuff when it comes to jibs, as well as the classics.

All of the open slopes were tracked out and the palisades are still really exposed and closed.

Still enough snow to have fun and the snow they do have is in pretty good shape, but more snow is always better.

Quote Originally Posted by Condro

Headed up to Sugar Bowl to check things out on saturday. It was warm which was good because I had my girl friend with me, so it was more comfortable.
    Finally, someone who has a GF/wife who can snap a decent picture.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

True... Then again, look at the subject material my wife has to work with. Without some serious photo-shop work, only so much she can do..

Nice shot Condro, I'm really hoping you are spinning here, otherwise, um... Stylin no-look air?
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Yeah, I was spinnin'. I hit this little kicker three times, wasn't really into the rocky landing, and was happy to not crash. I did a test jump method air, then a 1, and then a 3. The first shot is the 1 and this shot is coming out of the 3. The lighting was perfect, we actually hiked up so I could take some pictures of her... but I snuk some in too.

Here's the Photographer.

Cool... Not a bad looking photographer... Might have to keep her around...

As for the spins, definitely nice... I haven't spent much time learning spins. I like riding more than falling, so I've spent my time doing that over the last 13 years.. ;) If there's snow on it or under it, I'll ride it and if it's not much more than a double overhead and the snow is good, I'll drop it..

But spins, well, I suppose I should try to learn sometime...
    ;)
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Unless it is untouched powder, in which case I am down to take some runs, I just like to find jumps and drops to spin.

I did my first 540 this season, it was small, but I was so excited.