Back, Spring break

Snow is going away!! :-(..... ( lower MI ) But as u know im goin to whistler for Spring break. i Just bought my tickets and leaving on the 30th of march. but were only tehre for a few days. and were doing alot of WA. does anyone know how good baker,crystal, and qualmie/summit is? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by K2snowboard101
    Snow is going away!! :-(..... ( lower MI ) But as u know im goin to whistler for Spring break. i Just bought my tickets and leaving on the 30th of march. but were only tehre for a few days. and were doing alot of WA. does anyone know how good baker,crystal, and qualmie/summit is? thanks
    Baker is okay assuming you like a laid back atmosphere, good terrain, and tons of snow Oh yeah, they also hold the record for snowfall at 1140"(Nov 98-99)
    MARK

ya i cant wait. i know were doin summit for sure and whistler of course. ive been on whistlers website everyday for hours exploring the terrain, both mountains, good lifts, where the good spots are. doin as much research as i can seeing how ive never ridden a place larger than 650 feet. U guys got any pointers for whistler? or goin out west for that matter?

Why not go east? Is that too far for your travel plans? Red Mountain in Rossland, BC is really cool and Schweitzer up in north Idaho is awesome too. Silver Mountain, also in Idaho, has a good name but I don't ride there, nor know anyone who has.

http://www.silvermt.com/
    http://www.schweitzer.com/set_cookie_flashno.asp
    http://www.ski-red.com/site/index.php

eh sorry, im just goin along for the ride. im not makin th plans. i could make some input, but thats as far as it goes

sounds like a cool trip

the bigger mountains will amaze you, I'm sure. I live and ride in the PNW and there is one website that has been very valueable to me. click on www.skinw.com for a good snow report for all PNW ski areas and weather forecasts including some snowfall/weather history for the past 10 days at each ski area. That website is one of the best for NW ski areas. Enjoy and give us a trip report when you get back.

Darius

ya cool site. oooo ya parents are sending me with a nice dig, camera. expect a ton of pictures around the 11th or 12th of april. definetly doin the terrain parks. yup doin the bowls. yup tree/powder runs. ya im gonna try and do all the different kinds of terrain.

you could spend 2 or 3 days at Whistler/Blackcomb and still not do "all" the terrain...it would be fun trying though!!

I'll tell you how good it is....

Today local resorts have between 8" & 12" of fresh snow, and I'm a sucker for sitting here writting about it instead of being outside riding... tomorrow, I'm gonna be sick. For an excellent local web resource, check out NW Snow, it has current weather reports and links to each WA resort. Also, you may wanna check the resort based on your riding ability, Stevens and Alpental cater to all levels, however, if you are a beginner, Mt. Baker may be a bit over your head (like these dudes)

Keep us posted!
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

o no i wouldnt even come close to doing all the runs lol. i ment i was going to try a few different types of terrain that we dont really have in MI. like bowls, deeep pow tree riding, sweet terrain parks...i heard u need a leash when your out there for your board?

No leashes at Whistler and I'm sure Mt Baker couldn't give a crap about any part of your equipment (excepting avvy gear if you go OB).

sweet i need a travel bag, and a new hot wax job and im ready to go. i have a light shell that i wear in the park. but a heavy waterproof, sweet nike acg coat ill bring for the deep stuff. anything else i need to know?

o ya, i always check there web cam and theyre are always no on in the terrain park
    ? is it always closed?

terrain park closed? naaaaa

just not enough peeps constantly hanging around to be picked up on a webcam

good good, ill be able to hit the jumps there. heres a q. i dont wanna pay xtea for the high level pass. is the chip munk park good? what kinda of jumps does it have? how big are they?

drool!

The tracks on the left of the pic alone make me drool, not to mention the flyin'action!
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Can't help on the chipmunk, just how good are you on rails and kickers?

Try it first, also try the Whistler terrain park (pretty easier, mostly boxes)

decent on both. i could clear a 35 foot table. 540 a 20 foot table. mostly 360's or stalefishes over the 20 foot tables. rails im not to good on. i can domost that isnt rail thin. most c boxes, slanted or whatever. boardslide, 50/50 mostly anything shorter than 15 feet and not to thin or to rainbow crazy.

got my board bag and spring break is coming up!!!1

ya i saw whistlers park was a littel easier. def hittin that up

ya! just got picutres from townhouse....its walkin distance from the blackcomb lift baby....

keep me updated on Whistler!

Well,

IT'S SNOWING BABY!!!!!

15 -20 overnight and another 20 - 25 tomorrow!!

When you coming again, I'm feeling sick friday I think...

is that in inches or centimetes? either way thats nice! ill be in whistler..i think the 1st-3rd, give a day or take.

Centimeters of course... those silly Canucks... Still better than anything I see falling around Tahoe right now...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

heheh keep it dumping! only about 13 more days! so close to boarding something over 800 feet....

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Centimeters of course... those silly Canucks... Still better than anything I see falling around Tahoe right now...
    Yeah, it was pushing 70 in Truckee today. Bummer, but great spring skiing I'm sure. Not that I'll be up anytime in the next two weeks. I'll be at work.

ah get outta the office

o ya only about 6 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK FELLAS. any last info i should know about whistler? binding adjusting, temperate, u name it! got a new dig. camera and man im excited to show u guys pics when i get back. post quick i leave wednesday morning!

ehhehehe blackcomb has a vertical of 5280 feeet....hehehe this is going to be nice compared to the 900 feet im used too, cmon boys i leave in a few days update me!

well, it's supposed to be 19 C today in Vancouver and bluebird, that means full on spring riding on the mountain (19 is about 65 F or something). Calling for rain tonight, turning to snow and 10 - 15 cms by tomorrow. (15 cms is about 7 inches). Sun returning towards end of week. You should be prepared for warm sunny weather (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, hoodie or lightweight shell) or colder, possibly wet weather (hey, you never know). Bring some slush wax if you have it....

I'm riding Friday, when you arriving?

flight leaves wednesday morning. driving from seattle to Whislter real early. boarding thrus. fri. saturday. and maybe sunday. i packed my bags. sunscreen, and light shell already got it. im so pumped man! new wax job and a ton of research im so ready to go. on INHD is showing the best skiiing in the world of 2 hours in HDTV. drooling!

holy cow live conditions....whistler is reaching temps from 32-50 degrees! village is at 65! any of your have any suggestions of what to wear? t-shirt?

not anymore bro!

Big rainstorm last night and temps dropped leaving dust-on-crust up in the Alpine no doubt...the good news is that it's supposed to clear out and be sunny through the rest of the week! Don't forget sunscreen, it's like $100 bucks for a tiny tube up on top of Whistler.
    ok, not quite.

now its in the 20's alpine on? i guess they werent kidding when they said the weather is unpredictable. well i leave tomorow for chicago early, then to seattle, staying there and leavin early thurs. for BC. well im packing my bags. i think were also going to do baker and maybe sno summit quamlie....i checked the baker page and they are closed for a few days next week? o man! did i mention after BC and seattle were flying to San Fran? should be loads of fun. wish me luck on the BC weather and a safe trip! cya you all in about 2 weeks!!!!!!!!! adios from Michigan

Corey

San Fran

Quote Originally Posted by K2snowboard101
    now its in the 20's alpine on? i guess they werent kidding when they said the weather is unpredictable. well i leave tomorow for chicago early, then to seattle, staying there and leavin early thurs. for BC. well im packing my bags. i think were also going to do baker and maybe sno summit quamlie....i checked the baker page and they are closed for a few days next week? o man! did i mention after BC and seattle were flying to San Fran? should be loads of fun. wish me luck on the BC weather and a safe trip! cya you all in about 2 weeks!!!!!!!!! adios from Michigan

Corey
    You gonna mosey on over to Tahoe while you're in Frisco? (They like it there when you call the city by that name, btw.)

hopefully...not on the plan, but well get board with site seeing and stuff so we might scoot on over. that would be nice. well if no one posts in the next 10 minutes, im off to bed for a good night sleep for the flight. CYA