Hybrid View

Looking for a new deck...

Hi guys I've been riding a solomon fastback 163 for the past few years and it's starting to get tired.

Im a bigger guy, 250lbs and a size 12.5 foot. I generally ride all over the mountain and like to do everything, but my biggest passion is hitting the trees and fresh pow. I like to play off little kickers and consider myself a bit more technical a carver that has more fun on natural terrain features and stunts than park riding.

The fastback I've been on seems a bit too stiff for my liking, it takes a TON of effort to olie due to being so stiff. It also absorbs the frozen sierra cement chunk and chatter terribly because it's so stiff. It's super stable and fast on the long groomers, but I find that it's too narrow for my boots and I often drag toe and heel, even running palmers riser plates.

What extrawide board do you guys suggest for my riding style, without considering price.

I think you should check out the Burton Baron ES. The only bad thing is it is only availible in a 59 or 64 so if your set on 63 you might be bummed. The ES is a super light wide board with loads of pop... sounds like just what you need.

http://www.burton.com/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=3

How about the Lib-Tech Travis Rice pro modelin a 161.5 with a 26in waist. The 157 was designed around his DC 11.5's giving the board a wider waist, designed for POW with a H-POP core and magnatraction which will still carve those groomers and eat up that sierra cement. Lib claims that magnatraction "turns ice into powder" which sounds like what your looking for, POW!

http://www.lib-tech.com/snowboards/travisRice.htm

The TR Pro seems sick I would love to ride one.

I have also been looking at the new Nitro Team model. Looks pretty sick and the 159 is right up my ally.

Nitro seems to be blowing up with riders such as MFM and Eero Ettala. Their presence in all the big new films and mags such as Transworld and MORE seems to be quickly growing

M Frank section in MORE is definately sick. Makes me want to huck!