A cool thing, or not? Burton at N*

Okay, for anyone on Burton's distribution lists, you've probably already read this. Sorry for the repost... For those that haven't seen it, read it, and share your thoughts...

Buton Creates The Stash at FLATtar-At-Tahoe Resort

With resorts around the world heading into the snow season, Burton announces The Stash, a completely different kind of run that adds a new dimension to snowboarding. The first resort run of its kind, The Stash is slated to open on December 15, 2006 at Northstar-At-Tahoe Resort. Developed by Jake Burton and Burton team riders, The Stash lets riders progress their all-mountain freestyle skills in a fun, natural environment that features tree runs, jibs and road jumps constructed with wood logs and other materials native to the Lake Tahoe region.

"I've always been inspired by riders like Craig Kelly and Johan Olofsson who are so fluid and creative with big mountain runs, throwing in freestyle moves and hitting different natural features on the way down," says Jake Burton, Founder and Chairman of Burton Snowboards. "That's what The Stash is all about - going top-to-bottom with your friends, connecting hits and getting creative on organic features like trees, stumps, gaps and banks."

Burton's concept for The Stash came to life with help from Snow Park Technologies and the Northstar Resort terrain park crew. The Stash is designed to feel like a favorite, misty tree run punctuated by natural jibs, gaps, pillow lines and transitions. Both intermediate and advanced riders can get creative and enjoy discovering new goods in every run. Artist Bob King used chainsaws to carve jibbable wood signs that lead riders to The Stash. Additional highlights include natural rail slides built from huge logs and the "CK Cabin," a small hut that riders can jib or gap. The CK Cabin pays tribute to Craig Kelly, the legendary snowboarder who gave so much to the sport and inspired riders to shred the entire mountain.

"The Stash is simply that dream we all have of just cruisin' and hittin' all the dopest crap in one run - ill pow hits, logs and banks," says Burton Global Team rider Jeremy Jones. "No more dreamin' baby. Northstar's Stash is for real."

Chris 'Gunny' Gunnarson, Director of Youth Market Development for Booth Creek Resorts, is also stoked about The Stash. "It's not quite a park. And it's not exactly like riding the back country. It's somewhere in between both. I never thought I would get this excited about a run at a resort. What a project this has been. Working with Jake and the Burton team has been a ton of fun and a special experience. The Stash should be on your must-ride list this year."

Burton selected Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort as its first North American resort partner for The Stash because of the resort's ongoing commitment to the progression of the sport. In addition to The Stash, Northstar Resort will introduce a new six-pack express chairlift this winter, the Tahoe Zephyr, allowing riders to get from mid-mountain to the summit in just five minutes so they can hit The Stash over and over.

For more information about The Stash, head to www.thestash.com, www.transworldsnowboardingcomwww.NorthstarAtTahoe.com.

What do you think? Concept sounds cool, and even fun, but I haven't see it and don't know how well executed it is. I have a feeling that to have it to ones self on a good snow day, but that'll never happen. Looks like a new magnet to attrack all the groms and wannabe and it'll be played out before the season's already started... Dunno...

I like the idea... but have my doubts...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

SpaceCowboyGangsterofLove

What starts as a good idea....

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Okay, for anyone on Burton's distribution lists, you've probably already read this. Sorry for the repost... For those that haven't seen it, read it, and share your thoughts...

Buton Creates The Stash at FLATtar-At-Tahoe Resort

With resorts around the world heading into the snow season, Burton announces The Stash, a completely different kind of run that adds a new dimension to snowboarding. The first resort run of its kind, The Stash is slated to open on December 15, 2006 at Northstar-At-Tahoe Resort. Developed by Jake Burton and Burton team riders, The Stash lets riders progress their all-mountain freestyle skills in a fun, natural environment that features tree runs, jibs and road jumps constructed with wood logs and other materials native to the Lake Tahoe region.

"I've always been inspired by riders like Craig Kelly and Johan Olofsson who are so fluid and creative with big mountain runs, throwing in freestyle moves and hitting different natural features on the way down," says Jake Burton, Founder and Chairman of Burton Snowboards. "That's what The Stash is all about - going top-to-bottom with your friends, connecting hits and getting creative on organic features like trees, stumps, gaps and banks."

Burton's concept for The Stash came to life with help from Snow Park Technologies and the Northstar Resort terrain park crew. The Stash is designed to feel like a favorite, misty tree run punctuated by natural jibs, gaps, pillow lines and transitions. Both intermediate and advanced riders can get creative and enjoy discovering new goods in every run. Artist Bob King used chainsaws to carve jibbable wood signs that lead riders to The Stash. Additional highlights include natural rail slides built from huge logs and the "CK Cabin," a small hut that riders can jib or gap. The CK Cabin pays tribute to Craig Kelly, the legendary snowboarder who gave so much to the sport and inspired riders to shred the entire mountain.

"The Stash is simply that dream we all have of just cruisin' and hittin' all the dopest crap in one run - ill pow hits, logs and banks," says Burton Global Team rider Jeremy Jones. "No more dreamin' baby. Northstar's Stash is for real."

Chris 'Gunny' Gunnarson, Director of Youth Market Development for Booth Creek Resorts, is also stoked about The Stash. "It's not quite a park. And it's not exactly like riding the back country. It's somewhere in between both. I never thought I would get this excited about a run at a resort. What a project this has been. Working with Jake and the Burton team has been a ton of fun and a special experience. The Stash should be on your must-ride list this year."

Burton selected Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort as its first North American resort partner for The Stash because of the resort's ongoing commitment to the progression of the sport. In addition to The Stash, Northstar Resort will introduce a new six-pack express chairlift this winter, the Tahoe Zephyr, allowing riders to get from mid-mountain to the summit in just five minutes so they can hit The Stash over and over.

For more information about The Stash, head to www.thestash.com, www.transworldsnowboardingcomwww.NorthstarAtTahoe.com.

What do you think? Concept sounds cool, and even fun, but I haven't see it and don't know how well executed it is. I have a feeling that to have it to ones self on a good snow day, but that'll never happen. Looks like a new magnet to attrack all the groms and wannabe and it'll be played out before the season's already started... Dunno...

I like the idea... but have my doubts...
    Sounds like a cool spot, and an interesting concept, but stuff that starts that way always ends up being play'd out by the groms, and any one looking to pose. Maybe try it on the off hours, otherwise hope it sucks some of the fools away from the other runs.

chuckie

Well, I wouldn't normally be at northstar if the conditions are good other places anyway, so it's probably a mute point for me. But... I'm kinda with ya. Hopefully it'll keep the attention of the folks who might otherwise be playing around and getting in trouble on some of the better near-bounds or side-country spots on those good snow days... Guess the proof will be in the pudding.. have to wait and see..

So, any plans for a big trip out west again? I'm sure we can find ya some firm groomers to rip on... ;)
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

I like the idea as well, but I have my doubts, but I'll bet they'll do a pretty good job. Having a cabin named after Craig is a bit of an insult, I'm suprised they did that.
    For me growing up in the NW, all we had was natural terrain. Now they're are parks so the next generation is missing out on the natural park terrain. We had no choice, parks & pipes were horrible if & when they built them. So we had to be a bit more creative. At one of my old mtns that I ride at now(after a 10 year break) still has the same features, but hardly anybody rides them, they just focus on the park. Which is good for tricks, but there's something about hitting a natural hip, riding a natural gully or a natural gap. It takes a different set of skills. I always liked terrain where you had room for error. I'm not dialed in enough to hit crap on the first try, I much prefer to have the freedom to screw up...which I do a lot of.
    e

Definately in the execution. Sounds like a fun was to mix up the day. I am sure there will be guys that just hang out there all day, but that doesn't mean you can't just stop in a rip every once in awhile.

I'd like to take a few runs. Road gaps are awesome no matter who you are or what terrain you ride!

SpaceCowboyGangsterofLove

always...

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Well, I wouldn't normally be at northstar if the conditions are good other places anyway, so it's probably a mute point for me. But... I'm kinda with ya. Hopefully it'll keep the attention of the folks who might otherwise be playing around and getting in trouble on some of the better near-bounds or side-country spots on those good snow days... Guess the proof will be in the pudding.. have to wait and see..

So, any plans for a big trip out west again? I'm sure we can find ya some firm groomers to rip on... ;)
    Yep throw the rats some cheese, and they'll stay outta the good shizz.

Yes my brother, you know I plan to head out west EVERY year... Of course I always end up heading somewhere else for one reason or another. This year it is either Tahoe, or St. Maarten, again in the MARCH/APRIL window. What usualy happens is by that time I'm dead sick o' being cold so I opt out for the warmer climes. Can't complain tho', I didn't doo too bad here least season, musta got some 20+ days in, but it in no way compares to riding the Ho' (can I call it that ;)

We'll see how the season fares and how my girl feels about it around FEB.

It's going to happen, it's just a question of when.

chuckie