SpaceCowboyGangsterofLove

Who's gettin' itchy?

Yo.

You know, it's always around this time that the temps here drop and I start really gettin' my itch on to ride, and needless to say it's the kind of itch no anti-fungal cream can cure.

What's been up with everybody?

Freakin wouldn't you know it, I finaly migrate to FLOWs last year, and now this season they finaly put ratchets on em'! I tells ya, it's a goddang conspiricy to make me buy new bindings again this season (I remember thinking last season .. "y'kno, ratchets on these babies would rock!)!!!

I'm hoping for maybe a turkey day openeing for one o' the local resorts, wish me luck.

chuckie (gotta start patchin' thoes core hits from rock-boarding late last season)

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Holy blast from the past!

I was going to rake the yard this weekend, but now I'm thinking perhaps a trip up to get my jones on, then on the return trip stopping to play some poker and hopefully pay for my gas up there...sounds good to me!

T

Red face Itchin and *****in....

Oh, and howdy!

Been a long busy summer... Sorry for being a stranger this year, but I'm back... I hope... ;)

Definitely itchin to ride, but I'm *****in because we only have a few inches on the ground thus far. Looks like it won't be worth riding until sometime in December if we are lucky... We've been too spoiled out here in Cali with october and november starts the last couple years. Oh well...

Need to get out and ride my t-board some more to get my carve on... That and go play some more sand vball....

Hope all is well with ya'll! Look forward to at least living vicariously through those of you with snow until we get our own...

- G
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

I scratched that itch...

Last Sat. at Breck. Pretty decent snow for early Nov. The punk snowboarders who were bombing top to bottom were a bummer, though. My 5 year old picked up right where she left off.

My 8 year old now wants to board. Now I have to shell out $120 for boarding lessons. Her school takes a few day trips to Eldora so I hope she can learn there for much less money.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Brazilian Whipping Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Need to get out and ride my t-board some more to get my carve on... That and go play some more sand vball....
    You need to move to Denver man! ;) I'm now playing on two sand sixes leagues and two sand fours leagues. I could hook you up w/ a team!

Hope you guys start getting some snow! I think I'm gonna head up Saturday.

T

#&^#*! Colorado!

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum
    Last Sat. at Breck. Pretty decent snow for early Nov. The punk snowboarders who were bombing top to bottom were a bummer, though. My 5 year old picked up right where she left off.

My 8 year old now wants to board. Now I have to shell out $120 for boarding lessons. Her school takes a few day trips to Eldora so I hope she can learn there for much less money.
    We got a warm-up here, so it looks like a no-go for a local Turkey-Day opening here.

Man I hate Colorado, and I guess I would qualify as one o' thoes top to bottom punk @ss bombers too. ;)

chuckie

Sand 4's I could work with, but 6's? I'm going to need a lot of drinking while playing that to keep it interested. It's hard enough staying focused in a good game of indoor 6's... Anyway, I'm at least able to enjoy some warm sunshine while playing still... kinda... Not as warm today...

But yah, right now Co. is looking like the more happening place. Ah well... Who knows what the future brings... Hoping we'll make it up on the back end of the season like we usually do... Gotta hope...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Which bindings do you have? I have some extra powerstraps with ratchets & some misc. parts.
    e

I thought we were going to be riding last weekend, but it was a fluke! I hope we get some white powder for the weekend. I can't take it any more!

Flow Mk-2

Quote Originally Posted by elex
    Which bindings do you have? I have some extra powerstraps with ratchets & some misc. parts.
    e
    FLOW MK-2 bindings from last season. They were a relatrively cheap foray into the FLOW system.

It's not likely that they can be retrofitted is it?

I'll likely rock em' again this season, and upgrade next.

Frankly, I like the one's where the fwd lean is adjustable on the highback anywhoo, my adjustment wheel is on the base, and it's not nice at all.

chuckie

Man, you guys with snow shouldn't be complaining at all, even if it is only a few inches. All through early November up here, it was warmish and it rained and rained and rained. Then, the temperature dropped below freezing and - that's right, you guessed it - the rain stopped. And it didn't stop raining because it started snowing - there has been no form of precipitation up here whatsoever. They delayed opening Tremblant because they didn't have enough snow, but it's finally supposed to open this weekend (and it's going to be kruuuusty). Until we get some snow though, I don't think I'm gonna hit the slopes. Damn Western Canada! They're getting record snowfall and all of the places are opening earlier than they ever have before. Damn you, Whistler. Damn you.

Brazilian Whipping Boy
    Went up to Breck last weekend. Snow was sketchy at best although we've gotten a couple feet this week. Sister-in-law's in town, so looks like no powder and lift lines for me this weekend.

T

powder first! sister-in-laws are totally secondary!