Tbone... VBall tourneys?

You have any plans to hit up any of the big tourneys this summer? Motherload? Wife and I are all setup to hit Estero Beach again, but trying to figure out if there were any other ones we needed squeeze in this year besides our normal local Santa Cruz and misc grass ones...

Tendonitis is fun...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Outdoorreview informed me to respond, since I haven't posted in awhile. Are you happy now?

So how's life NoK-nee? I take it the achilles is doing somewhat splendid. Been doing stuff, mostly just sitting in a dark closet staring at spreadsheets. Went snowboarding, think that's what it is called, on friday. Super slushy, tons of hits & they still have a huge amount of snow(85", well not anymore). Going up again this thursday & friday, then fly down to SoCal, my flipflop tan is completely gone now, so I have to go back.

Late,E

Sorry about that, never played with the smiley face thingies, won't do it again. He!!, I just found out what lol means.
    e (.Y.) boobs

Brazilian Whipping Boy

yes, hopefully!

Probably gonna skip out on the King of Beach at Vail as I'll have been gone the previous two weeks and my possible partner is flaking out.

Hoping to hit the Putterhead in Breck, the Steamboat tourney, and the Lode in Aspen. Will be playing coed w/ the Dr. and hopefully playing some man on man action too. You guys should come out for the Lode! We'll see, but we've discussed doing the Ixtapa trip in January as well one of these years.

Have fun w/ that one!

T

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Ugh!

Tonight, not good. Playing against some open players and some A/AA players. My partner was not all there. I really need to find someone that can actually play in Co-ed. Playing a grass tourney tomorrow w/ the Dr. Should be fun. We went 0-fer in 8 games tonight. Partner served maybe 50% in a low ceiling. I kept apologizing to our partners in a co-ed rotating 4's because my partner was so bad. It was fun plaing with that good of players though.

What side you play NoKnees? You coming to the Lode? What about maybe Ixtapa next year? I'm 5'10 and can't jump for shite in deep sand? Should be fun if you're down! ;)

T

Hey, late reply here.. Been out of commission for a while... In India right now on business again, been here for a week, got almost a week more to go. Was in UK before, just looking forward to getting back home for a while...

Anyway, I play either side and sound like I'm about the same as you... I have more deception from the left side, but don't mind the right. Deep sand is not my friend for offense, but I dig it for defense.. ;) 5'10 as well and trying to figure out where my hops went. Lost 20+ lbs in the last year, and have managed to only gain about 1" vert indoors... Pretty sad...

Sonds like that co-ed you played was a painfull night. Hopefully you and the Dr did a little better the next day. And yah, even when not doing well, it's always good to "play up". Only way to get better. I usually hurt myself and play like a fool when I play down. Never a good situation...

Well, looking forward to Estero tourney next weekend... Haven't figured out if we are doing Ixtapa yet. What are the dates again? And you guys definitely going?

Anyway, back to work... Catch up with ya'll later, I'll try not to be as much of a stranger...

BTW, just ordered a T-board for my birthday present.... dryland training... should be fun..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Plyometrics man! ;)

When you back stateside?

Congrats on losing the weight dude. Should help the quickness a bit as well, huh?

Dr and I tied our pool to break up, but lost on points. Wound up breaking down and discovering the "party tent" of the tournament. Monstrous tournament that took up two sides of a lake in Wash Park. Apparently the other side of the lake had heard about the "party tent." Needless to say, discovering the tent and waiting two hours to start play, we had blurry vision. Didn't win another game.

Went to Napa a couple weeks ago for the honeymoon, then to Boston for work, (pretty much a 2 week bender) then had a tournament the day after I got back. Wound up playing 3 different levels that day. Ugh.

You should get a longboard for training man. Carve baby!

T

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Oh, and happy birthday! ;)

See title.

Is it your b-day? If so, have some cow for me if you're still in India. Oh & congrates on the 20Lbs you lost, I found it..so let me know if you want it back.
    E

back stateside...

Finally back home... Landed Wednesday afternoon from Indian. This time a got a nice case of Delhi Belly the second to last night. Good times... Anyway, got home, did laundry, packed, ate, slept, worked for two hours then hopped on a plane to Baja Mexico... Estero Beach vball tourney and a little R&R.. Well, no real rest happend, but a little relaxation. Oh, and Mexico isn't exactly the best place to recover from a stomache virus... Go figure... Thought enough alcohol will kill it off, but no.... So, lost a few more pounds... Definitely not needed...

TBone, sounds like you guys have been enjoying some good times, even if not taken home any trophy's in vball... And honeymoon? Thought you had a good one last year after the wedding? Maybe anniversery vacation? Anyway, sounds like a good time. Can't go wrong in Napa...

Don't think Tiina and I are going to make it out of the area any time soon for more vball tourneys... Saving penny's now for winter, after a couple big bills this month and next we're hurting..

As for party tents, they are truly dangerous... The whole damn beach down in Estero this last weekend was a "party tent".. Never had a chance... Well, that and I my tired butt needed a ringer for a partner if I hoped to complete this year. I still got lucky and drew a 6'3+ indoor stickman as a partner who hadn't played sand in years, and not really much before than anyway. Good attitude, broke pool and qualified for playoffs, but.. He sprained his ankle and couldn't play. He sent a sub over on playoff day who was a little better, but still not a big sand player. If I could have played a bit better we may have lasted another round or two, but not much more... Brian Lewis was in our half of the bracket and we would have run into him sooner than later...

E, how's it hanging? Appreciate you holding onto that weight for me. If I don't shake off this thing living in my belly I might need it back...

Doh, gotta run... literally...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"