Thread: What to do?

What to do?

Like the rest of the world, Alpental has horrible snow reporting, usually most places like Heavenly tend to stretch the truth. At Alpental, they only say what is happening at the parking lot. It's 34 & raining, temp is getting colder,the top doesn't mention snow. Sure there is, could be a foot easily. Happen 2 weeks ago, no new snow, but they had 10" in the backcountry of new snow. Still, I just don't know if I should wait a few hours & hit or go up now only to get half of foot on bullet proof ice on top, we don't have groomers. Or the top is closed due to avalanche work.

Not a horrible situation, just weird how an area does it's best to keep people away. Good to see some things never change. Wish me look, could be an epic powder day or just shite.
    e

Hope it's Epic... I think you've had a shortage of those lately. Been looking at the weather, and it should be good for someone up that way, might as well be you.

At least there will be plenty of spring snow down in Mammoth for a while....

In the meantime, back up to Tahoe this weekend. Hoping the rain turns to snow here as well. Gonna be windy, but it should be empty up there... I hope...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

A little rain will do you some good.

I checked the snowline, which just talks about the $25 tickets, no mention of weather or anything. The webcam shows the chairs aren't moving & about 30 pairs of skis just sitting there. Well, I can't take off just yet anyways. Tomorrow should be very very good, 2000' snowlevel with up to 2' of new overnight. Same with sunday. Will see.
    e