Thread: Work sucks...

Work sucks...

8-12" of new by 6am, and it's still dumping up at Kirkwood... And I'm working.... Not supposed to go down like this on a Saturday.. I should be there, not here, in front of this 'puter...

Anyway, who's still getting out and riding powder? Gotta love this kinda spring..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

We're in full spring mode. It snows a little but is really warm. I have to work today, but not tomorrow. I wish we would get a storm, miracle march has been horrible for us. We usually get tons of snow, I think we've received only 3' this month. Still I feel for you, when it's dumping & your stuck on the compritor.

So how's work?Moving to India? Someday these companies will figure out that that doesn't work.
    e

Yah, I shouldn't complain... but hey, had to vent...

As for moving to India.. Naw, the new thing is to move to Guadalajara... Building a support team down there now too... At least there is good tequila down there...

But yah, I hope they figure out that this isn't working too well. The problem is a couple exception implementations here and there throw it off for everything. You get 1 out of 10 outsourcing jobs being a success, and they think that it's just a management issue, not a resource issue. They don't understand the exception vs the rule... I've got some great people I work with there, but... It's just not what our customers are looking for..

Anyway, another storm rolling in tonight.. Might get another 1-2ft of snow for Wednesday.. Let's see if I can come up with a sick day... Yah right...

So E, ya all moved in now? Got room for your press in the new digs? How long until you press up another one of those niftE swallowtail highbreads again? That was a cool frankenboard...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Sort of moved in, just been busy with reports & such. I would like to build a new stick here this week, who knows, but no real dumps in the future, still the same couple of inches here & there. Alpental was kind of fun, but I should had been there earlier, they had up to
    6" in areas, which is good where it was flatter, but pretty much sucked in the steeper areas & the frozen avalanch debree. Actually I had 3 sluff slides in one run, but I was on top of them so no problems. I'll try to remember to take some pics, but it's really hard to stop, take off the gloves & do the pic thing. Also the terrain makes it a little tough also, lot of trees & by the time you land something & look up you can't see it anymore.

So Guadalahargasomething, sounds a little better than Indiana or was in India. I think companies should look into increasing profits, but they all seem to come out of the same school of thought. Like me with Chinese boards, I spent a huge amount of time making sure we keep our boards made in Austria, in the long run, it's not really more expensive & the customer is happy. That's a missing thought process for the upper brass in today's companies, well that & keeping the your employees satisfied. This really gets bad with the huge companies & then the unions.

Well, back to excel, I think my firstborn will be called Spreadsheet"
    later,
    e