Thread: Kirkwood 3-11

Talking Kirkwood 3-11

Another day, another couple feet of pow... Nice March in Tahoe...

Friday night, bed by 10:30pm anticipating a good day on the hill Saturday. 2:05am, phone rings, it's work... Systems FUBAR, have to work for 20 minutes to get things back on track.. Back in bed by 2:30am... Alarm goes off at 10 'til 4:00am... Up, dressed, fed, on road at 4:15am...

First thing on the radio is 28 car pileup just outside San Francisco in Marin due to snow/ice on the road.. 2 fatalities... Yah, this weather is wacked, and people just don't know how to act in it. Start to wonder if I'll even make it out of the Bary Area to ride...

Minimal snow on road in a couple spots on 680 and 580 as I head towards the valley. I'm free, making good time.... Roll into Jackson at 6:15am to meet Rich... 1200ft and dumping snow... Today will be good, if we make it to the hill...

I screwed up, thinking the normal Ridge Rd bypass would be the way to go. Oops, yah, locals on local rd in non local 3" snow and ice = carnage.. Luckily just a bunch of cars slipping sliding.. No major wrecks to get around... Make it back to 88 and then we're flying again... Spur's Open! Woohoo! Roll into Kirkwood around 8:15, waiting in line for opening of Cornice by 8:40am...

Rich and I starting making our way around the mountain looking for fresh tracks, deep trees, and minor drops until a little before 2:00pm when I had to hit the road. A good time was had by all. Even if you couldn't always see it happening, it was a blast...
    Life is good... With or without sleep..

Highlights: Rich falling off da little cliffs next to Kodak... Me loosing all sense of style and control dropping the landing gear early on the only photo of me jumping... Embarassing... But fun... And true, I never did have much control and never any style.. Worse than usual though...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Couple more pics...

The snow keeps falling..... and I found a couple more pics from that day... Heading up again Saturday for a day tripper...

In the meantime, so far for March, Kirkwood has received 135-178 Inches... Details:

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="70%"><tbody><tr><td class="text" valign="top">
    Date
    </td> <td class="text" valign="top">
    Snowfall
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td></tr><tr><td align="center">03/15 </td><td align="center"> 18-24</td></tr><tr><td align="center">03/14 </td><td align="center"> 5-6</td></tr><tr><td align="center">03/14 </td><td align="center"> 8-8</td></tr><tr><td align="center">03/12 </td><td align="center"> 4-4</td></tr><tr><td align="center">03/11 </td><td align="center"> 8-12</td></tr><tr><td align="center">03/10 </td><td align="center"> 12-18</td></tr><tr><td align="center">03/9 </td><td align="center"> 1-2</td></tr><tr><td align="center">03/8 </td><td align="center"> 8-12</td></tr><tr><td align="center">03/7 </td><td align="center"> 14-16</td></tr><tr><td align="center">03/6 </td><td align="center"> 10-14</td></tr><tr><td align="center">03/4 </td><td align="center"> 24-24</td></tr><tr><td align="center">03/3 </td><td align="center"> 14-22</td></tr><tr><td align="center">03/2 </td><td align="center"> 1-2</td></tr><tr><td align="center">03/1 </td><td align="center"> 8-14</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Another couple feet predicted between now and Saturday morning... Good times....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Thumbs up

sickety sick!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thumbs up

sickety sick!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.