Thumbs up Sugar Bowl & Alpine pics...

Here are some pics from last weekend... Nothing epic, just snow pics and some of my friends riding... Really need to get some riding buddies that take pictures...

Anyway, Friday=Sugar Bowl and Stormy, so all grey photos are from there.. Saturday was the bluebird day that got tracked up early, but was still fun..

My weapon of choice..... The powder boat... O.Sin 4807 - 178cm... Shoulda been a 198cm on Friday...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

I hate you...

Ok, maybe I don't hate you. I hate that you enjoyed all of that pow and I had slushy, crusty corn.

How'd the other dude do in the deep pow with that short board?
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

"Short Board Dude" is a big guy and was riding a 166, and yah, he took a few face shots the hard way going over the handlebars. Quite fun to watch...

Sorry you had to deal with slushy, crusty, corn... That was our late January and early February while you guys were getting the goods... It's make-up time for us now. Evidently yesterday was the best of the year so far, and from what I've seen over at TGR, it was pretty nice... I hope to get again Saturday for a few hours of cold smoke'n pow before work shuts me down for a few weeks...

Yesterday at K-D

Beware of midget skiers on pow days up there...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Damn, that looks like a blast NK!!! Took us 7 hours to drive from Fairfield to Homewood that Friday. I kinda wonder if the roads should've been closed. A truly Winter Wonderland.

I spent Saturday teaching my neice & nephew on the bunny slopes at Diamond Peak, so I'm very jealous. Those lift chairs are so low to the ground, they snapped my carbon fiber highback in half when I sat down. I'm usually so good about remembering to fold 'em down.

Got to Sugar Bowl this past Wednesday though for some pretty good conditions and plan to hit Northstar Saturday...thank goodness for vertical plus.

Yah, the roads were pretty sketchy Fri... They did shut down 80 for periods of time, turning many people back, but still... It was entertaining on that drive... I'm used to driving 88 into Kirkwood with those conditions so I'm already used to driving with a bit extra caution when you get that kind of ice & powder buildup. People that are used to 80 being a true freeway don't seem to adjust appropriately when the conditions get that bad... Saw a couple solo spinouts into the center divide on our drive and they were both people who passed us less than 30 minutes before... Once again, the turtle wins the race..

Anyway, Wednesday musta been nice. Saw some pretty sweat photos from folks at Kirkwood and Alpine that day, so can only imagine the quality...

Good luck getting to Northstar Sat... The tree riding on the backside should be exceptional, and lookout mtn area would be awesome if they get it open for ya. Nice place to be during or right after a big storm since most of the folks there play it pretty safe... Hope the drive isn't bad for ya getting up there.

I'm rolling the dice on an early drive up to Kirkwood hoping that the spur is open... They got it open quickly this morning, so it should be okay tomorrow.. I hope...

Oh, and I hear ya about the highbacks on some chairs.. That was a pain over at SugarBowl with my old Burton CFX's with the locking highbacks. had to keep checking them and try to remember to drop it before it got snapped... Detachable quads are nice and all, but with the extra snow the loading ramps and chairs don't leave much clearance...

I have no input for your other post, so I'll leave that to others... The one time I road Hood Meadows it was sweat, but I liked the overall experience of Tahoe and CO mountains better.
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

NK,
    If the roads were closed periodically, that would explain the long waits where people just got out of their cars and walked around for 20 minutes at a time. We're going to leave the Bay Area by 6:15 Saturday, so we'll hopefully be at Northstar before 8:30. We should fair pretty well in the traffic, weather permitting.
    I had the CFX's with the locking high backs too, which is one reason I got the C60's last year. It was just a brain fart leaving it up, although I'd never had even a close call before that one time.
    Have fun at Kwood. I got stuck at the pass twice last season, so I've been a little hesitant to return, especially when it snows hard.

If I had the cash, I'd own some C60's too... Nice and light, with good enough stiffness for most of my riding these days..

Hope ya had a good time at Northstar... We made it up to Kirkwood with no issue Saturday... Definitely worth it... Visibility kinda sucked a bit in the aftenroon, but didn't mind when getting deep untracked... Crowds were just not there. Line for first chair, but then it was all good after that the rest of the day 'til we baild a little before 2... I'm sure Northstar should have been equally nice...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Thanks to the vertical plus pass, lift lines were a non-issue, although the lines weren't quite as bad as I would have expected at Northstar. It was a little crowded on some groomers, but thankfully we were just noticing that from the trees. We actually found some (very little) untracked on the backside, which was a really nice surprise. I'll either go back to Northstar or to Sugar Bowl this Wednesday. My buddy has a Northstar season pass, so I'm definitely going there a lot more than I normally would this season. I don't like when my friends buy season passes since I like to get around.