capstraps vs baltimore straps

Which one is better? From just plain looks the Capstraps from Burton look like they are sturdier and cover more toe than the baltimore straps. But from reading the sparse and oft-useless reviews on the net it seems the capstraps have their share of issues with breakage and whatnot. Has anyone used either, or even better, both, care to enlighten me on this new idea? I'm looking at either the Technine Team 2 bindings or Burton Custom LTD.

thx!

Make sure either fits around your boot's toe cap well, but especially the Burton since it isn't quite as flexible and is molded to fit their boots. I prefer the convertible toe strap that most other companies now offer as you can use it in either manner.
    MARK

I just use a one piece powerstrap. Sorry had to say something. Say yes to rear entry
    e

Quote Originally Posted by elex
    Say yes to rear entry
    e
    I think Flow needs to come up with some stickers that say that... Serioulsy good marketing there... I think you're on to something. How's it work for you in the trade shows?
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

I've only used the burton cap straps (with Ride Amp boots) and so far the only issue was the cap riding up over the boot (like a normal toe strap). I made an adjustment and so far that took care of it. The upside to the cap is you don't get pressure across your toes (can you say blood flow) making for a more comforatable ride and I haven't noticed any control differences as opposed to a standard strap. I suspect either binding's straps will be good for you, just pick the binding you most prefer, don't worry about the strap. Good luck!

Cool baltimore toe starp

I have used both the baltimore toe strap and the cap strap. The only good thing about the cap strap is they are light. The buckles wear out quickly and do not give you a secure feeling. The baltimore toe strap grips your boot way better and I LOVE the buckles.

well i got a reallly cheap deal on a pair of burtons so I went with the capstraps. Comfort wise they are doing their job well, I actually have bloodflow in my toes now - way less unstrapping on the chair. I am seeing some durability issues however with the ladder straps, they will most definitely wear out for me in a season or two - but this was never news to me with Burton bindings. The capstraps do fit over my northwave legend toes fairly well.