What binding angles are you rockin'?...

I had an epiphany on Sunday. I rode Keystone by myself and decided to try my luck in the park. I guess I still had visions of Shaun White in my head. Any hoot, I rode the lift to the top and saw some jibbers fiddling with their boards at the service bench, so I thought I'd give the duck stance a try. I set the front at 15 degrees and the rear at -3. I didn't want to get too radical on the first go. I strap in and take off and the improvement was immediate. My rear foot position felt so much more natural. I felt I was centered on the board and that my riding position was much more relaxed. I easily leaned into toe-side turns and didn't feel any different on heel-side turns. I also felt that I was able to maintain a flat board off of jumps. Next week I may increase (decrease? ) the rear angle to -6 or -9 and see how that feels.

I still suck at jumping but I now feel more confident to hit bigger jumps.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

I had an epidurl also...anyways, I ride -3/24 or -6/21 just depends on what board I'm riding & what I'm riding. I don't like too much negative in powder or off cliffs, landing in the back seat with too much negative can suck,well for me at least. My back ankle doesn't flex anymore, lots of surgeries will do that. I ride switch a lot, even though I hardly ride park, so I've been riding duck since 92.
    e

Binders

I'm at 0/15 or 0/20 kinda just follow the Avalanche's win/loss record...

You better not let Tbone see this...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    I'm at 0/15 or 0/20 kinda just follow the Avalanche's win/loss record...
    If you're gonna pop-off, your team needs to be out in front by more than 1 point.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Flow question for you...

What is an easy way to adjust binding angles without removing the powerstrap? My DaKine tool does not fit under the powerstrap and I must remove it to access the binding screws.
    Tantrum

Depends on the board and conditions, but yah, a little ducky or at least neutral in the back helps with any freestyle related activities... so I hear.. ;) Like I have any skills... sheesh... anyway, my short "fun" board is -3/21... Bigger "freeride" board is 9/24. Pow board is 15/30...

Speaking of pow board, had it out on Saturday... The 178 O.Sin swallowtail.. Had two people call it an alpine board (note, mounted with Burton CFX's and using my Salomon Malamutes), 1 guy ask me how old it was, and another just said "What the hell is that?" after I almost took him out over shooting a tabletop jump in the beginner park at the end of the day... Oh, and had a least two people begged me to switch boards with them "just for the day, please!" as they floundered in the nice light pow..

Oh, and speaking of which, what I need to remind myself next time out on this board: "Don't get cute and try 180's in the powder on a swallowtail". Made for some comedy though...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Ive been riding -3/15 just like you stated for a few years now, probably will move it back a few more notches towards duckness as the season continues and i get less scared to go back into the park.

I hear ya...

Quote Originally Posted by EZ-Rida
    i get less scared to go back into the park.
    I can't afford to break my neck trying some inverted spin move. I'd be happy with a straight air with a stylish grab or tweak.
    Tantrum

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum
    What is an easy way to adjust binding angles without removing the powerstrap? My DaKine tool does not fit under the powerstrap and I must remove it to access the binding screws.
    I just remove one side, yeah a little more user friendly would be nice. The latest ones are easier, but I still end up doing the same thing.
    e

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Duck, duck, waddle, waddle...

+9 front, -6 back. I made the move to those angles when I started trying to ride switch more. It really helps a ton, especially when you have a directional board. ;)

I've hear more than 15 degree difference between the two can be bad on the knees. Not sure how true that is, but I now have bad knees so I'll leave them there.

Seems to be an overall good stance for me no matter what I do...pow, park kickers, cruisers, moguls, trees, and switch.

T