Hybrid View

Whistler or Blackcomb

I was want to get some peoples point of view on which side they like better Whistler or Blackcomb side? I like Whistler side only becuase in my opinion I think the lines are faster. What does everyone else think? Someone I was riding with said that Blackcomb was better for snowboarders...True?

I don't like to have to choose between the two. For steeps, when the snow is good, I love to play around Blackcomb glacier, specifically the bowls dropping off Spanky's Ladder. Ruby, Garnet, etc... Problem is the exit from the glacier is definitely not snowboard friendly... Peak chair over on Whistler is good too, but the lines there get crazy on good snow days and the weather seems to mess with it more often. But in that case laps through the trees off Crystal are always good...

Dunno.. I've had awesome days on both mountains, but it's been a little while since I was last there so my memories my not be as fresh... The reason the place is great is that there is so much to choose from, you're bound to find a cool place to hang out and hit...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Just got back from there, and I have to say Blackcomb was funner for me than Whistler was. Had awesome weather (bluebird skies) but the snow was fairly icy overall (with patches of goodness). I thought the bowls in Blackcomb were super fun, but could see the Whistler side being cool if there was fresh snow (I only really spent half a day there - was all I could bear before going back to Blackcomb).