Avoriaz 27-01 Photos

Howdy,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Since Ripzalot is still out of commission (get well soon) I thought I'd try to fill his shoes and post a few snow pics from this side of the pond.

These pics were taken on the last day of a snowtrip to Avoriaz in the French Alps. We decided to head out to Morzine, hoping to take a few snapshots of Mont Blanc.

--Descending from Avoriaz to Les Prodains

--Shuttle from Les Prodains to Morzine

--On our way to ChamossiƩre

--Top of ChamossiƩre

--Disapointment... the thick clouds were completely covering Mont Blanc. You would see it to the right side

--Very inviting steep drop. And no, I didn't try it

--Postcard view

--A bit tracked out by this time, but still plenty of untouched snow to be found

--You can see my friend below with his arms up in the air

--Him again

--Me in the park, acting like I know what I'm doing

That's it. I hope you like it.
    -Lino

Nice!

Glad you decided to post in Ripz's absence... Looks like some preety sweat conditions out there. How's the winter been this year? Good, average? Haven't gotten much of an idea for it without all of Ripz's photos to go by...

Anyway, definitely hoping Ripz's wrist heals up sooner than later. Some winter left, and a full mt bike season to get healthy for...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Thumbs up Delicious

Those mountains in the "Postcard view" look good enough to eat.

One question: where the heck is everybody? The place looks deserted.

Thanks for the sweet trip report. A most excellent inaugural post! Keep 'em flowing thisaway.

January is mostly pretty easy as far as crowds go, that is why I usually head out in January: Low season= less money out of your pocket and less peeps in the lift before you! Damn. I actually know one of the runs you posted. Thanks for the memories!

As far as the winter on this side of the pond: I dint experience it myself, but I do know that up to christmas it was great, then there was no sno until halfway in feb (started to snow again just before the olympics) and from last weekend onward it has been epic again. Last weekend boasted 2 and a half meters of snowfall in three days (!!!) It seems that, in recent years, it has been either not enoughor too much snow, with nothing in between. I also think I see a tendency of good conditions appearing later and later in the season.

Damn... I bet that when Im finally allowed again to go, it will be the worst season in agaes yet again...and still it will be beyond exhiliarating!!
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nice!...

Wonderful snaps. It's nice to see how the other half live on the continent. Keep the pics coming.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.