Weekly Kirkweed Photos - Jan 29th

So, Rich joined me for a day at Kirkwood... Reports said 9-13" in last 24 hours, but it was pretty tracked, compressed, heavy, jacked, whacked, and not stacked. Term for the day: Variable Conditions

Weather was cool, hot, sunny, hazy, cloudy, snowy, sunny
    Crowds were minimal, with lines only on the backside early in the morning...

Bunch of random photos... Spent most of the day doing Front to Back laps looking for the lesser tracked soft stuff. Few little drops here and there to show off my bad form and lack of cajones... Not knowing if you were landing in pow or dust on crust got in my head as well... Excuses, excuses...

Rider in Yellow/Grey/Brown = Rich
    Rider in Blue w/Red Gloves = Me (yah, colors for the visually impaired)

Photos Part 1
    Rich Sequence 1 in Eagle, Rich sequence 2 in Hell, Me in sequence 3 little drop, Rich in sequence 4 Big Sister.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Part 2 - more photos...

More photos... Yah, you're sick of them, but it makes it easy for me to share them out to other folks...

Photos Part 2 - Rich, downclimbing into notch chute = ice & rocky fun, Rich dropping out of a little dead-end chute, Rich dropping from snowy ridge into chute...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

looked like more than a little air

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    More photos... Yah, you're sick of them, but it makes it easy for me to share them out to other folks...

Photos Part 2 - Rich, downclimbing into notch chute = ice & rocky fun, Rich dropping out of a little dead-end chute, Rich dropping from snowy ridge into chute...

did u launch that rock u can see back there or that little nole of snow right behind board?
    those trees didnt look like cleanest run out zone either bro! any helmet cam fotage? i like launching that big rock thats just after the outof bounds area. u know right after u get inbounds after the traverse from back to front, right after riding the backbowl chair. getting hammered right now proley gonna hit up ho ho homewood on tue thur

Only hit the nole, didn't hit the biggie... The snow was kind funky... I did about a 8 footer to dust on ice and it kinda spooked me as I was convinced I was going to hit some real snow... Kept me focused on the spots I knew 100%... As for that one with the tree run-out... The snow was realy good there, so confidence was high that you could get a good turn in to avoid them... Hit that one twice and it was smooth both times..

I flaked on the helmet cam. Had the camera charged and ready to go, but didn't think the conditions were going to warrant the effort, but I was wrong... We were able to have some fun and it would have been sweet with some footage, rather than stills.. Oh well...

The week looks to be a good one. Might play hookie Friday and get a headstart on the weekend... Hanging with some friends in So. Lake and will be hitting Kirkwood again on Sat and probably Sun. Guess depends on what the weather brings.. Passes are paid for there, so it's hard pay to go elsewhere..

I promise to bust out the helmet cam this weekend.. no more excuses.. No promises on the quality though...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

"Howzit Brah"

NK, thanks for making me look....

Good and bad but a least not ugly! tee hee.... Yeah that was pretty funky yesterday! We got some pow, light and heavy. Ice, fresh snow, good lighting to flat light. Glad no one got hurt... As of today its raining hard in Sac-town should be good in the Sierras for this coming week/end. Again thanks for the pics.....

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Looks like great times brutha!

Thanks for the pics as well!

Bill and I wound up out and about in Crested Butte over the weekend with some hardcore skiers/boarders. I wanted to take a camera to get some piccadillies, but DrBunda needed it for the weekend, and I knew Bill would have his. We get outside of Denver and what do you know, but Bill swears and says he forgot his camera.

T

I know how that goes..... I've just gotten into the habit of packing my little Stylus no matter what now... But hey, the important part is the riding... If that's good, don't need to have photos to show for it... You just know it...

And I'm glad you guys got out to do some good riding... I know how it feels to loose a bit of the fire... I wasn't sure how stoked I would be this year with the slow start to the season. Things have picked up for the short term at least. We'll see how February goes...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"