Hybrid View

Straps HURT - What about FLOW Bindings?

I'm an advanced rider that likes to rip tight mogul runs but in order to do so (get the responsiveness I need) I usually need to crank on my binding straps to the point where my feet hurt! Current setup: 2005 Nitro Suprateam, Salamon Malamute boots and Belligerant (few will remember them!) bindings w/ aluminum baseplates. I'm thinking even straps with more padding won't help me out. What about the Flow Team binding? That would seem to spread the load out more across the boot making for more comfort without reducing responsiveness? I don't want to drop all that coin unless I know this is gonna be the real deal.

Any input appreciated.

G Man

They can help in this area. I know a few soft boot carvers that are looking for the same type of response/performance as you that have gone with the the Flow teams and pro carbon lines..

If you can hang out a few days, maybe we can get E to give you a more detailed answer.

Fit is key though, as you need to take some time to make sure you fit them well initially. Some forward lean is key, as the highback is a key part of the tensioning and fit...

BTW, don't let weight deter you, as the current and future models are competative with the lighter strap setup on the market. Definitely lighter than my 3 year old Ride Team bindings..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Thanks for the input Greg!

I'm not sure what your bindings look like, but have you seen the nice, wide, padded strap bindings that are around now? You can get some pretty cushy ones. If the problem is in the toe strap, some new bindings cap the front of the boot which has relieved some tension for me. I thought the Flow bindings were less responsive. They always felt too loose to ride, or too tight to get into.

You can't just loosen your straps 1 click or so? I'm guessing you've already tried that, but...

If you can, I would hold out till next fall. We have newer bindings that are much much lighter & a lot less than the current Team bindings. If you want you can demo a pair later this spring or during the summer. Most of the line next year will have ratchets,plus all new straps,hibacks for every model & a new alum chassis. Many points have been addressed regarding too heavy & not being too user friendly at first. All of my friends & testers that I have given a pair to have sworn off 2 straps. Lot of these guys were ex-pro snowboarders & don't want to go back.
    e

I'd love to try out a more recent pair of Flows, but have never had the opportunity(only a very old model). Man, the amount of peeps I could get on Flows if I had the chance to become a completely true believer...
    MARK

So what are you trying to say? Kiddin,you can try out a pair or whatever as soon as I get more parts, just small stuff like the hardware.
    e

I like the "whatever" aspect Maybe a pair laying in the scrap pile that I can customize...

This just popped into my head: "Straps are like the truth; sometimes they may hurt, but that doesn't mean they should be discarded." Cute, eh?
    MARK

I have lots of "whatever"& usually give them to the warranty guy or just huck it. I know that sounds bad to throw away crap, but most of the stuff I get is just that,1st round crap, usually hurts & just might kill you. 3 judo airs this year if that tells you anything. Not as bad as when I worked at Ride.
    e

thats great

-jeff