I'm coming to CO...........

Okay, so I'm here at the store looking at a HORRIBLE season thus far and have nailed down some dates to hit up CO. I'm thinking of flying in on Thursday, March 30th and leaving Tuesday, April 4th, giving me at least 4 full ride days. I MAY fly into CO Springs to meet up with the mountainboard crew and then after that stay in the Leadville area. If not, then I'll fly into somewhere closer to the resorts. If you are anywhere near the Leadville area(Keystone, Vail, Copper, etc.) then shoot me an email at marktoms@mindspring.com with your contact # and I will call you. While I know a lot of peeps already in CO, it would be great to meet up with some that I only know through this board. While my place to crash should be okay, also let me know if you've got room to crash for a night if some kind of issue should unexpectedly arise. Any additional help on how to land the best ticket deals would also be appreciated(open to ANY suggestions ;) )
    MARK

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Not really any places to fly into close to the resorts...

if you're staying at Leadville. Avon/Vail is the closest I think, but that's still a good half hour to Copper w/ good roads. Another half hour to Leadville.

Unless you can fly with minimal hops/direct to Avon, I'd just hit Denver and take a shuttle or rent a car.

T

I'd likely be flying directly into Denver. The place in Leadville is around 15 min from Cooperhill , 30 min from Copper mtn , 40 Keystone, 40 Vail, 45 Breck, 45 A-basin, 50 Loveland and best of all, free room and board .
    MARK

The local Denver grocery stores offer discount tickets...

But I'm not sure if Ski Cooper is one of them. The others are no problem. I'd like to join you but I'll be sunning myself on the Mayan Riviera then. Have a good trip.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Flying Frontier?

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    Okay, so I'm here at the store looking at a HORRIBLE season thus far and have nailed down some dates to hit up CO. I'm thinking of flying in on Thursday, March 30th and leaving Tuesday, April 4th, giving me at least 4 full ride days. I MAY fly into CO Springs to meet up with the mountainboard crew and then after that stay in the Leadville area. If not, then I'll fly into somewhere closer to the resorts. If you are anywhere near the Leadville area(Keystone, Vail, Copper, etc.) then shoot me an email at marktoms@mindspring.com with your contact # and I will call you. While I know a lot of peeps already in CO, it would be great to meet up with some that I only know through this board. While my place to crash should be okay, also let me know if you've got room to crash for a night if some kind of issue should unexpectedly arise. Any additional help on how to land the best ticket deals would also be appreciated(open to ANY suggestions ;) )
    They have a deal that if you show your boarding pas at the ticket window at COpper, you buy on get one free on tickets. I have a boarding pass I have yet to try it out with, but that would drop the price to half price for each of us. I may be around then. It's been a stellar season so far, so hopefully it will continue till then!