is homewood too flat, never been

is it too flat for a 4-5 foot pow day like we might get? or are there steep enough steeps to make it worthwhile was just checking out homepage which chairs best for pow pm me if u are worried bout blowing up the spot! peace

Most of homewood is pretty mellow... The best place is a traverse out past 'Hobit Land' (good tree riding there, if it's not too deep) to "Quail Face" or something like that. It's the last area to open if there is any avy danger, but it doesn't suck. You'll probably be wanting to drop places chair left of Ellis Chair. There is some okay stuff on the north-east ridge off the quad, but it's mostly just higher speed runs with a little tree riding here and there.

If it's been dumping good cold snow, and the coverage is good enough (kinda doubt it so far this year, but... ) the trees, chair right of the lower face if you are looking up from the North Lot are the best around. Need good coverage, but it's the steepest good trees they have to offer, and a fav stash for the patrol there so it must be okay..

For the most part, you won't find a ton of vert there or challenging steeps, but you can ride there in the nastiest of weather and the pow will not get tracked up fast. Pretty good tree riding too, but once again, not too steep, just nicely gladded stuff.

Got stuck riding there for a few days last Christmas-New years when it snowed 15 feet in 7 days... Didn't suck...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

mucho thx homie

ha your outta control bro. thats the exact type report i was hoping for but adding pics from the runs ha crazy. next time maybe post the pics with annotations, ha j/k. yo i got some 3 tickets for the price of 2 coupons to kirkwood, dont know if u got a season pass but if not ill hook u up when we meet up there!!!!! hopefully ill have my dopeass voyeristic helmet cam by then! expect some pics of me an wiffe as i "break in" the helmet cam j/k peace

Glad I could help... ;) Got the pass to K'wood, but thanks for the offer. Just really, really wish I could be there Thursday... Especially since the latest reports are that this weekends little storm will probably be a bust. Oh well..

Actually signed up for their one day "steeps camp" through Expedition Kirkwood... Should be interesting. Been saving up some $ so it's a little christmas present for myself. Not sure what I expect out of it, but we'll see how it goes...

And, um, yah, about breaking in the helmet cam with the wife... I'm sure there's a market for that kinda stuff out here somewhere..

Anyway, have fun at Homiewood... Keep your expectations low, as it doesn't have anything to compare to the big resorts, but you can find some fun there for a day or so if the snow is good.
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

ended up @ alpine

for some sweet ob hikes and whatnot, high traverse opened a lil late so i got some freshes there too, super funim still thinking of the homewood pass though, , sunday went to smaller resort and being untracked that was fun too.

Alpine is sweet... If I could get any one pass in Tahoe, Alpine might just be it... Sure, Squaw is bigger, but attitude and conditoins just don't compare to Alpine..

High Traverse there is nice, Keyhole, Beaver and Estelle bowls... great stuff..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"