Thread: Breck, Feb 9-12

Breck, Feb 9-12

anyone going to be around?

decided to come out before Pres day to avoid the crowds. got a mackin crib on the mtn w/a private hot tub! booyaa!!

-mht

Quote Originally Posted by mehugtree
    anyone going to be around?

decided to come out before Pres day to avoid the crowds. got a mackin crib on the mtn w/a private hot tub! booyaa!!

-mht
    Sounds like a good reason for a road trip. I'll bring the beer, where's the hot tub?

I think it'll take me about 20-25 hours driving straight through from here. I think I feel some sick days coming on.

I wish... I'll be around here hoping for more Tahoe snow... January looks to be finishing strong, but who knows about Feb this year.

Anyway, sounds like you are finally startng to get some more days on the snow than the dirt again... 'Tis a good thing... Are we going to see any vids of a small brown dot hucking off a rock across the valley?
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees

Anyway, sounds like you are finally startng to get some more days on the snow than the dirt again... 'Tis a good thing... Are we going to see any vids of a small brown dot hucking off a rock across the valley?
    I don't know man. I'm not as "young, dumb and full of .." bravado as I used to be. Last year I did huck a huge 5-foot drop..and landed on some rocks. So would have to get the skills back up to speed. Definately wanting to get out in the white stuff more this year. Working for "the man" DOES have it's perks.

-mht

I hear ya... My brain get's in the way a lot more these days too. I'm sure with a couple more days under your belt you'll be hucking your meat around like there's no tomorrow again... It's in the blood.. Or is there blood because you'r hucking yourself onto rocks... dunno... could be part of the problem.. ;)
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Do believe the Dr. and I will be...

Sounds like a nice setup? How'd you score the house?

Breckenridge Brewery...very close. ;)

T

Turkey, ham, or roast beef?

I might seriously be up for this - I have Fridays off, basically in order to take care of things like fulfilling promises to buy sandwiches for old friends. Keep me posted on the details.

t-bone, dr, twinks, other CO...snowcat?

I have a hook-up for a snowcat tour in Jones Pass.. you guys interested? I think it might be pretty cheap since the place lost their license to charge for it and is doing it on the DL....If we get 13 we get our own cat! yum yum!

-mht

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Nice!

I have a hook-up for a snowcat tour in Jones Pass.. you guys interested? I think it might be pretty cheap since the place lost their license to charge for it and is doing it on the DL....If we get 13 we get our own cat! yum yum!

-mht
    I'd be down, guessing Bill would be down as well. Tantrum?

T

shoot

i think i'm out for the snow cat, though it sounds awesome. keep me posted on other details, though!

-mht

I'm down with the clown...

Ah, snowcat, that is but it'll have to be the weekend as I will be in Louisville, KY on the 10th. Either way, I'll be up for the 11th.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum
    Ah, snowcat, that is but it'll have to be the weekend as I will be in Louisville, KY on the 10th. Either way, I'll be up for the 11th.
    cool. I was thinking the 11th too. Would like one day to warm up!

I'll keep y'all posted.

(y'all means "you'se guys"- might be helpful in Kentucky)

-mht

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Does the pad have a VCR?

I'll just bring the tape of your mack daddy mountainboard wipeout when we meet up if that's cool.

T

-mht
    Dang, I just had a snowcat tour dowin in Creed fall through that was scheduled for that weekend, so I would have gone, but it looks like I'm getting a hook up for Crestted Butte that weekend for free, but if it falls through I would definately be in. I can talk to my buddy and maybe we can switch Crusty Butt for a different weekend. Where can I get some info on Jones Pass?

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Count Bill in

cool. I was thinking the 11th too. Would like one day to warm up!

I'll keep y'all posted.

(y'all means "you'se guys"- might be helpful in Kentucky)

-mht
    We practiced our powder runs in Crested Butte this weekend.

T

So, what's the 411?...

Who, what, where, when, why? OK, I think the why is self explanatory but where do we meet? At what time? And, who will be there? Breck on the 11th? I think the girls will be taking lessons that AM so I could meet fairly early. Anyone else?
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Brazilian Whipping Boy

DrBunda and I for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum
    Who, what, where, when, why? OK, I think the why is self explanatory but where do we meet? At what time? And, who will be there? Breck on the 11th? I think the girls will be taking lessons that AM so I could meet fairly early. Anyone else?
    I'm guessing Big, Bad, Bill, who wants mehugtree's name after Crested Butte will also be there?

T

schedule

You're confusing me, T. ;)

This is what my peeps are thinking:

Fri-2/10: Breck
    Sat - 2/11; Beaver Creek
    Sun-2/12; Breck (just morning for me)

my # is 404-862-0494..FYI

how's the snow?

-mht

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Sweet!

You're confusing me, T. ;)
    Bill hugged a few trees at Crested Butte...he was trying to tackle them! I think he needs your name now!

This is what my peeps are thinking:

Fri-2/10: Breck
    Sat - 2/11; Beaver Creek
    Sun-2/12; Breck (just morning for me)

my # is 404-862-0494..FYI

how's the snow?

-mht
    Beav on Saturday sounds good! DrBunda and myself will be there. I'm sure we can talk Bill into it as well. Tantrum?

Snow was great last weekend, but it's been dry since with none in the forecast. The Beav is probably the best bet for still decent snow and minimal lift lines on the weekend.

Not sure about Sunday yet.

T

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Oh yeah...same number...

T

Dude, you're killing me...

Can't do BC on Sat. We have lessons at Breck on Sat. and we have only 1 car. Plus, I didn't get the Vail/BC pass this year. Well, maybe next year.

BTW, thatnks for the tip on "y'all." I've used it quite a few times already in Louisville and I must say, I look like a local.

Have fun this weekend.
    Tantrum

And the trip report?

So, how was Breck? Who all rode? Enquiring minds want to know... Especially those without snow... Took a week off an I'm having terrible withdrawals....
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

sweet.

man, was it freakin cold. Friday, the top of peak 10 lift read -25. Saturday the sun came out, so it warmed up to a balmy -15 near the top. But the cold didn't get in the way of lots of fun.

A crew of 4 of my ATL friends and 2 Denver mountainboarding fiends tore all over the mountain both days, hitting tree runs on peak 10, dropping from the peak 8 summit into the bowls on Peak 7, then the fun, lumpy groomers on peak 7. It was good.

Unfortunately, didn't meet up with T, Bunda and Bill till the evening of Sat. Luckily, it was in a bar. With lots of Fat Tire. Tried to meet up with them earlier in the day, but apparently only gapers were riding in the morning. Ah well. I understand being able to be picky about the snow when you have a pass.

It was a fun, albeit short trip. Hope to get back out in March! or maybe somewhere's else?

-mht

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Dude, I resent that remark! ;)

Unfortunately, didn't meet up with T, Bunda and Bill till the evening of Sat. Luckily, it was in a bar. With lots of Fat Tire. Tried to meet up with them earlier in the day, but apparently only gapers were riding in the morning. Ah well. I understand being able to be picky about the snow when you have a pass.
    -mht
    As is now the "pattern" of us front rangers in CO, we woke up at 5 AM to leave by 6 to beat the traffic...got up to Breck by 8:30/9 AM after stopping for breakfast, hopped the lift on Peak 9, got off, strapped in, and tried to traverse to American...a traverse we've done hundreds of times no problem. It was so cold that our boards didn't move. Bill had to unstrap and hike half the way to the actual hill. (that's never happened before!) We considered getting a cold weather wax, but it was so cold in the morning! We started drinking some Port Bill had brought instead. Then we had beers. It was much better when we did the run in the afternoon, but by that point...and DrB said that many people were trying to skank our chairs.

Was good to catch up with you man. If you make it back in March, I promise we'll be less of snow snobs and do some runs with you. Bill won't be able to keep up given his lack of skillz, but it'll be fun nonetheless. ;)

We did have a killer dinner at the St. Bernard, but I was pretty licked at that point.

Hopefully Bill reads this. ;)

T