Beaver Creek. Opinions?

Good last minute deal came up and I'm heading to the Beav next week. Never been, but have heard good things. Any recommendations from the Colorado folk on what to hit on the mountain?

Also, our lift tix are for 4 days and we'll be riding Thurs-Sunday. Does BC have enough terrain to keep one entertained for 4 days, or should we hit Vail up for a day or two.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    I love the fat boards for the pow pow...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevbeau
    Good last minute deal came up and I'm heading to the Beav next week. Never been, but have heard good things. Any recommendations from the Colorado folk on what to hit on the mountain?

Also, our lift tix are for 4 days and we'll be riding Thurs-Sunday. Does BC have enough terrain to keep one entertained for 4 days, or should we hit Vail up for a day or two.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    I've only been to BC once, and there's probably enough there to keep one entertained for 1-2 days at most. The Talons (as they call it) aren't that challenging, and usually turn into mogul'ed messes without any fresh snow.

So my answer would be - Vail? I'd hit it. Esp if you love riding wide open bowls and trees.
    "I better not feel both of your hands on my back"

- Overheard during a rectal exam

Brazilian Whipping Boy

The Beav's nice!

Thanks,
    Kevin
    I would recommend riding Vail Thursday and possibly Friday, and then riding the Beav on Saturday and Sunday. The Beav is great snow and doesn't get too tracked out, especially if you can get into some nice trees and chutes. Vail on the other hand gets WAY crowded in the back bowls on weekends. If you go Thursday and a bit Friday, you should avoid some major crowds, lift lines, and hopefully have decent snow to track out on your own.

As far as partying...go to Vail! Vail Village is killa to hang out at night. Not much going on around Beaver Creek at night.

T

go easy on the beaver, ward.

agree with T. hit up Vail and then the Beav. The Beav does have some great terrain, especially the Royal Elk glades off of Grouse Mountain...you can spend the whole day back there and not get bored.

might be heading out there in Feb (gotta get out there SOMETIME!)

Beaver Liquors. enough said.

-mht

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Beavers

Quote Originally Posted by mehugtree
    Beaver Liquors. enough said.
    Must buy t-shirt from that liquor store! ;) Yes, they do sell them.

I think there's a Beaver Divers too if you're into diving at all.

T

Thanks guys. I'm a huge fan of glades so I'll be sure to hit up Royal Elk. I imagine BC to be like Aspen. The Bogner/Fur crowd is only on the mountain from 10-2pm and is terrified of any run listed as black. I've been to Vail a few years back. Bowls were a bit choppy that trip, but I could spend the entire day in Ble Sky Basin. First time I've ever seen a bowl being groomed. (10 or so cats in China Bowl, I believe)

One other question. We're taking the red-eye back, late Sunday/early Monday. We plan on riding that day...when does traffic die down heading back into Denver. Flight isn't till 12:40am, so I plan on having dinner somewhere in the mountains and let everyone else sit in traffic.
    I love the fat boards for the pow pow...

Brazilian Whipping Boy

you'll usually be ok by..

Thanks guys. I'm a huge fan of glades so I'll be sure to hit up Royal Elk. I imagine BC to be like Aspen. The Bogner/Fur crowd is only on the mountain from 10-2pm and is terrified of any run listed as black. I've been to Vail a few years back. Bowls were a bit choppy that trip, but I could spend the entire day in Ble Sky Basin. First time I've ever seen a bowl being groomed. (10 or so cats in China Bowl, I believe)

One other question. We're taking the red-eye back, late Sunday/early Monday. We plan on riding that day...when does traffic die down heading back into Denver. Flight isn't till 12:40am, so I plan on having dinner somewhere in the mountains and let everyone else sit in traffic.
    6 or 7 PM, unless it's snowing.

T