Packing for air travel

Do you guys take your bindings off of your boards when flying? I have badded Burton bag, but my buddy says I should take them off for travel

Doesn't make any sense to. The bindings aren't going to be damaged and the only thing you'll end up doing is making it easier for the mounting screws to loosen becasue they are being taken in and out. Leave the bindings on and put your boots on top the board on their sides along with clothing. The heavier the bag is the less it will be able to be thrown
    MARK

Yep, what he said.... Always good to pack a bit of extra clothes in the bag to use as padding too. Just make sure to tape the board edges, or do the old trick of splitting a sectioin of foam pipe insulation length wise and wrapping that around your board edges to cover any direct blows...

Edges are the only thing I've ever worried about and put any extra effort into protecting when packing...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Please Send Money! ChristopherG's Avatar

Packing your board

I like using the split foam insulation. I once put a pair of my snowboard pants around the nose of my board and ended up having some cuts in the pant leg that weren't there before... My guess is a direct impact on the nose from being thrown up into the plane or somewhere else.
    Christopher G
    Graduate Student (Please Send Money!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Terre Haute, IN

Yeah, I actually take a large towel and palce it flat under the base, wraping it up and over the edges. My wheelie bag is thick enough where the edges can't be damaged, but like Chris suggested the bag can be
    MARK