Lazy Saturday at Kirkwood...

Was supposed to meet up with some friends, but that all fell apart. Took a few runs with my wife, then she cut me loose to try to find some pow or at least untracked... Very little pow, but some nice untracked or hardly tracked good snow ranging from light pow to windbuffed fresh.. Oh, and some boiler plate ice over and around rock in the wind scoared areas... All in all, good times.

Now for too many photos.. Have to make up for my lack of shots recently. Sorry, no action to speak of as I was riding solo where few folks were...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Was supposed to meet up with some friends, but that all fell apart. Took a few runs with my wife, then she cut me loose to try to find some pow or at least untracked... Very little pow, but some nice untracked or hardly tracked good snow ranging from light pow to windbuffed fresh.. Oh, and some boiler plate ice over and around rock in the wind scoared areas... All in all, good times.

Now for too many photos.. Have to make up for my lack of shots recently. Sorry, no action to speak of as I was riding solo where few folks were...
    Cool pics, nice pose by the way, maybe you will be that underwear model that you always dreamed of being. I just saw the Alpental just got 13" on top & I'm not there. Well at least I'll be on the road for the next month, so I'll have to check in for your latest pics.
    e

Thanks... When reviewing that pic I had the same thought... I mean, hey, Michael Jordan can model fruit of the loom, why can't I be like Mike?

Anyway, so where all are you off to for the month? Any riding involved? Any visits to real snow? Hope they are taking care of you still... Alpental will be getting more snow all month, so just keep telling yourself it's prepping itself for your return to riding there... Or something like that...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

I head to Toronto for a meeting in a couple of hours, so I figured I get some work done before I left. While I'm there, headed to my parent's condo in northern Michigan to do a little riding & bang my girlfriend. Sorry to lazy to correct that. Then I go to SIA, then to ISPO. ISPO is always fun, all my suppliers & my factory will be there, so it's good times for me. Then I go to a 4 day on-snow demo in Germany somewhere, those are lots of fun & also help a lot with work. Then to the factory for a few days to finalize stuff for 06/07. It's amazing how big we are in Europe, I went to demo in Austria & the booth was packed non stop. Then you come back to the states & we're viewed as only an alternative to step-ins & still people don't know we make boards yet. We did get FS board of the year in the UK, they think we're gay also, so that's a compliment. Then I move sometime after I comeback. Back into the parent's house for a little transition, sunny SoCal to rain pit, but I get to ride the shiz & play soccer again.

How's your life going? Do all your parts still work? House?
    e

SpaceCowboyGangsterofLove

Pure fuzillyness!

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees

I rode this weekend too... it was pathetic by comparison, it's like 60 degrees here.

Is that an Arbor you're on? I've been eyeballin' one o' thoes.

chuckie

Life is going.. Still have a job, but who knows for how long. Think the talk is basically a 50% cut in the IT workforce over the next two years... Not looking especially good for the long term. Parts are mostly working. My ankle is still pretty jacket from my sprain last spring/early summer. Think I maybe missed a break or dislocation in there, as it now pivots in a strange place and has bone sticking out where it shouldn't be. Mostly works though... ;) And the money pit, it's there... Too small, but it's ours.. At least 1% of it is at this point... But, if I loose my job, it's gone... So, we'll enjoy while we have it..

Sounds like a busy, but good next month for you. Someday the US will wake up to the fact that you guys make good boards too. I still see plenty of the bindings out there, but yah, boards are few and far between. As Rodney would say, "Can't get no respect!"

Anyway, have fun visiting the folks and banging the gf... Good times!
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

At least ya got out to ride... Do much kayaking lately? MTb'ing? Still never picked on of those up... I think I have enough ways to break myself, don't need another sport...

ANyway, not an Arbor.. It's an older Ride Timeless, with a wannabe wood grainy type look down the middle of it. Most Arbor's are too floppy for me... I'm kind of a stiff wood kinda guy...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Not as Lazy day at Kirkwood...

A trip report from some rippers over on the TGR forums on the same weekend at Kirkwood... Some of the better places to hit with some local knowledge and cajones grandes.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...t=43412&page=1

Yah, they make my shots look like the bunny slopes... Oh well...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Those are some damn fine shots, but yours were really good, plus it looks like they better conditions. Sorry about the work,work,type work crap. Good luck with that shite! Toronto is really cool, actually I have no idea, I'm pretty much stuck in the hotel the whole time. Presentation crap went well,people happy, they sell more, our name isn't Burton, so it's more difficult. Good news is that we're growing while everybody else is shrinking, well except for the big "B". Well off to the bed, only 6 more flights in the next 4 days & I'm back in San Excremente.
    e

Yah, those maggots hiked a bit further for their stuff, but conditions were pretty much the same, just less tracks and longer pitches... They still know the area a hell of a lot better than me and know how to get in and out without killing themselves, unlike me when wondering around solo. Ah well, gotta have something to look up to...

As for you, sounds like a fine time up there... Typical business travel goodness... Definitely living the life of "Man in a suitcase"... old Police song, but sums up your business travel life pretty well..

Good presentation. and happy people good.. Not Burton is good for you, but not always good for business. People want choices, but don't like to think to make those choices.. Thus, they still buy the big names no matter what... But get mad if they are forced to because of no other choices... Makes your job interesting...

You guys have decent North Am sales rep out pimping your boards better yet? I know that was an issue before... Shame, since you make good stuff... Ah well, guess have to hope the flying Finns and the rest of the Flow team keep making podiums to rep for you...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Actually, I just flew in yesterday to my parent's condo to go shred the gnar & hang with my girl. She works at the resort. Went riding today,300' vert, so yeah I did a crap load of laps. Still fun, they had a couple of kickers & a flat bar for us old guys. I have no idea what people do when there's powder here, I guess do some BC stuff. They got like almost a 100" by early december, but it's been really warm & raining, so not much snow left. I don't know, it's fun & guess you take what you can get, I probably complain too much anyways.

The boards are coming along really well. Next year's stuff is looking much better & we have some very good tech stuff going on that's interesting. We doubled our numbers this year, but there is a lot more to do. Our team basically consists of Finns & Lago, no real rep riders or distributor riders. Kind of hard to promote the brand & get it on the hill when we are missing the grassroots marketing. I had a long talk about this stuff, Flow is not cool & we aren't doing enough to change people's minds. This year, everything looks so much better, our new binding is lighter than the Migs, not to mention they look dam good. Our lowest end is lighter than the Burton Cartels. An the Cinch is still breaking a lot & is really heavy, even heavier than our stuff from last year. Salomon & Drake also have their own little Flow stuff on some new bindings. We're the number 2 binding company in the world & the big guys don't like it, just waiting to see what Burton comes up with, I'm sure they will. So, this stuff is kind of fun & I like watching the big guys make mistakes when they try & duplicate something. These bindings are the incredibly fun to work on & also a complete b!tch to work on. Wouldn't want it any other way.
    later,
    e