Wrist guards (and helmets!)

...are a damn good idea. i broke my wrist in december doing nothing extreme or exciting. just hit a random rock while traversing offpiste. out of action for 6-8 weeks. 4 weeks down, 2 to go. it could have been worse, the dent in my helmet could have been my skull.

be careful out there, people.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I so agree with you

Being a SoCal rider, I used to never wear a helmet unless I was in the park. Mostly because I wanted to show off a great beannie. I was in Colorado over the holidays, (Veil, Copper and WinterPark), and those hills are way more challanging than what I am used to. I wore my helmet any time I stepped into my board.

Get Better! SP
    Attached Images Attached Images  

chicks dig helmets and wrist guards

i wear a helmet and wrist guards cause it helps me pick up chicks. favorite pick up line" hey baby are u wearing knee pads?" it works every time.

I stick to just the brain bucket, but have considered the wrist guards off and on. Wife still uses both... She's always been smarter than me...

Anyway, almost paid the price for lack of wrist guards over the holidays... Popped a little pow pile onto steep dust on crust, expecting more pow... Heel side blew out, hands flew back hitting ice... Nice bruise, no break... Was a nice wake-up all though...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

a friend put it to me this way - if you ski/board 50+ days a year, year after year, eventually the odds will catch up with you. **** happens every day, and eventually it happens to all of us.

i think wristers are going to be standard equipment for me from now on. i'm thinking of getting a full face helmet as well for those big offpiste days. i like my teeth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

always

I've been rocking wristguards for a while now. Ever since I got used to them riding mountainboards, I feel naked without them. And although I like feeling naked, I wear them.

It's a simple, cheap, comfortable way to protect yourself, so why not!

-mht

bummer

i just got an extension on the pins and cast for another 4 weeks. bone is not healing as well or quickly as originally planned.

FVCK!!!

so much for winter. spring boarding will have to do. hope to make up some days splitting late/post season

careful out there peeple!

Bummer! Sorry to hear that Ripz... That really bites... Hope you guys have a strong late season there.

Kids, drink milk! Build up those bones!
    Greg
    "NoKnees"