"Stormy Day at Kirkwood" or "Happy New Year Tahoe!"

Well, due to weather, the camera was left in the bag... Or more accurately, due to the need for me to get fresh tracks & face shots, the camera was forgot in the bag, and I wasn't about to stop to get it... So, one shot was taken at the end of the day.....

Anyway, short story, if you could get to Kirkwood on the 2nd, it was mighty, mighty nice... Visibility wasn't too good, but was better than the rain of last week. Had 2-3 feet of fresh when we arrived, and 1-2ft fell during the day. Road with my wife and friends... Nothing too crazy, but all good fun...

Rich, our icy/rocky gully filled in and was good for a couple straightline/carved turns through it into a hard righ powder burm... No side slipped crap.. Good stuff... The Drain was also filled in well for some high speed straightlining into pow...

The drive home sucked though. Avy closures keeping the road to Silver lake closed, forcing a retreat towards South Lake before you could head back west out of the mountains. Multiple pileups and road closures there made a normal 3.5 hour return home 8+ hours... Worth it? yah.... Aching teath due to countless icy cold face shots while smiling are key indicators of a good time.. (in the snow that is)

In the meantime, Mammoth Mountain down south got even more of the good stuff... Crazy snow totals:
    Snow Report - Updated: Jan 3, 2006 12:30 PM

Wow! Wow! Wow! 95 inches - nearly 8 feet in 30 hours........does that even happen? Well, it happens in Mammoth! We now have the best base depth in the U.S. with 10-12 feet of lots of fresh powder and some packed-powder and machine-groomed snow.

Below is my ride at the end of the day with 7 hours of snowfall on it. Parking lot was plowed and my car had no snow when parked... Good stuff...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by NoKnees; 01-03-2006 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Mammoth Mountain info
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

gotta luv that!

have you done any splitting yet? unfortunately, none for me yet. i haven't even waxed the new board yet. hopefully, splitting will help me pull up my total season days late season to make up for the lost injury time early season. looking fwd to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Naw, no splitting yet this year. Funky snow early season, and lack of time are my excuses... Folks are getting out there now though, as things are filled in and stabilized for the most part. Need to work on making time though.. Definitely an issue..

SO how's the body doing? Miss your trip reports and photos..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"