Sloppy day at Kirkwood

Well, Rich and I headed up to Kirkwood on Tuesday, hoping to enjoy some of the left overs from the last wet dump that rolled through Sunday/Monday... Well, there was a lot of new snow to be found still untracked, but damn was it wet and heavy. As the day went on, it got worse as the next storm decided to remain warm spit water in the form of a light drizzle, fog, and short bursts of light rain.... Goggle fogging wasn't an issue, but damn did we need windshield wipers to see.

Anyway, a few random shots from the day. Nothing impressive, just a few shots between the raindrops and trees.... Yah, got a little personal with some... Good times... No trees were harmed in the filming of this trip..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Luckily, more is on the way and the next big storm is suppose to drop to lake levels. WOOT! Nice pics.

Nice pics, sloppy days can be fun,specially in steep terrain. I had some similar conditions up at Alpental last friday, quite a bit on new, completely untracked all day, well except for our tracks. Weird winter everywhere, lots of snow, but lots of rain also. I moving back up to Seattle, when I can find time, got my pass to Alpental. Last time I rode there was in 2000. Of the 20 people there that I day, I knew 3, good to see somethings don't change.
    alpE

Going back to the mother land? I'm assuming you'll still be working the same gig, just from there now, right? SoCal life just not cutting it?

That'll be nice as you should, in theory, get some more on the snow days, but work has a way of messing with that. Hoping for the best for ya...

... in the meantime, got out again to Kirkwood yesterday... Insane crowds, as Kirkwood is one of the few places getting snow instead of rain these days in Tahoe... Once on the hill though, it spread out pretty well. Up to 12" of better snow fell during the day Wednesday, which meant it was all pretty much packed and tracked. Had to do some good exploring to find untracked, or lightly tracked in the trees.. Lotta dust on crust... Not worth photos...

So ya Rich, you really didn't miss anything... Had to mess with ya on the phone though... Not exactly "Epic". Now Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, if things stay as they are, could be pretty damn sweet... I'll be riding somewhere Sun and or Monday.. Don't know where yet..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

You don't know epic till you've ridden Mt.High. 5 to 8" base of epic ice & the slowest man-made snow ever, small jumps & unmarked trail hazards. Just because it looks like a trail, doesn't mean it is,1" of snow on gravel road at high speeds is rad.

It's nice down here, the weather is nice, my pad is great. I will miss some stuff, but not the snowboarding or the cost of living. If I surfed, made lots of money, then it might be nice. Since batting a whopping 0 on those 2, then what's the point. I still get to keep my job. I sort of said, that if I can't move, then there is no point of working here anymore. I work an average of 70 hours a week, don't really have time to fly somewhere to snowboard or to drive a full day each way. I guess they agreed, actually the main boss was happy with the idea, well not my boss, but he can kiss my a$$.

How's life in SJ & Dell or HP, where the he!! you work